Point beam modules as a weapon?

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Noctis
Captain
Captain

Point beam modules as a weapon?

Post by Noctis »

Ok so, I was testing my new ship against a copy of itself when the copy suddenly starts using it's point beams as a weapon, tearing my ship apart. Curiously, my allied AI controlled ship seemed strangely unable to use this ability and could only futilely defend itself with it's normal weapons. So obviously the AI controlled version died violently. So I respawned the map and placed in a ship under my control. I found that telling my ship to target a single part of the other ship could cause it to use the point beams offensively. Now, this means that all I have to do is click the opponent's core and it's finished.

Why is this happening? Last time I checked pointbeams couldn't be set to attack, they would only target debris. Has something changed?
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

I think that's a glitch you've found there.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Droid wrote:I think that's a glitch you've found there.
My game seems to be full of them. Oh well, time to completely cover the ship in point beams and rape the world
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

I haven't encountered this in the most recent version, but it would happen every now and again in version 0.88
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝