side tabs missing

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

big_mike_989
Ensign
Ensign

side tabs missing

Post by big_mike_989 »

well thats it. i can't see the side tabs or the file button in ship builder.

what should i do?
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Make sure you have the latest version of BSF.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

What version of shipmaker are you running?
Do you have any other programs running?
Are you unable to see the side tabs or file button as soon as you open the program, or do they disappear after doing something such as loading a ship?
Do you have any functionality within the program at all or is it hung up?
Can you take a screenshot or further explain?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Guys... please, for the love of shipmaking, read the damn manual.

KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS

General ShipMaker functions and tools

F12 --- Hide GUI
big_mike_989
Ensign
Ensign

well

Post by big_mike_989 »

i figured out that all the buttons are still there i just can't see them. all i see is the grid when i start up ship builder. the program is running i just can't see the tabs or anything but the grid. all the shortcut keys still work also.

there are no other programs running when this happens. i just downloaded it yesterday or so and i have not gotten it to work at all.

the version i have is the one from http://www.wyrdysm.com downloads section.

o, and i looked through the manual and didn't see anything that might help with this problem. if you know how to fix it please by all means let me know, but "read the manual" doesn't help much at this point
Kaelis

Re: well

Post by Kaelis »

big_mike_989 wrote:o, and i looked through the manual and didn't see anything that might help with this problem. if you know how to fix it please by all means let me know, but "read the manual" doesn't help much at this point
Its in the quote... try pressing F12. Otherwise, its some kind of a freak error and i doubt anyone will be able to help you.

The comment about reading the damn manual was in regards to the fact that no one suggested pressing F12.
big_mike_989
Ensign
Ensign

sorry

Post by big_mike_989 »

i didnt see the part about f12. i went and tried it, its shifting the veiw but the tabs are still invisable. i just downloaded the whole thing and installed it again too.

still nothing
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Hm...

What version of Battleship Forever do you have? If you hadn't renamed the BSF directory file, the file should be called "battleshipsforeverv090d".
LostAmongStars
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: side tabs missing

Post by LostAmongStars »

Not to bump an incredibly old topic--especially as my first post, but this is EXACTLY the problem I am experiencing. I've tried F12, have the latest version, and am otherwise doing everything I thought I was supposed to be doing, but nothing works. What's up?
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

i am also experiencing this problem, as I have downloaded BSF before on other laptops without this problem i figured the problem is related to my laptop and not the game itself. I tried changing the screen resolution, this didn't work either. I will post if i come up with something.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

You might aswell try reinstalling it.
It might fix the problem
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

This is an issue that happens on low resolution screens, mostly mini laptops. AFAIK there's no way to fix it.
naysayers will be shot
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

What size? I have a fairly small laptop (11 inch) but I have no problems, except that the screen extends 'beyond' my screen's edge.

Suppose it only affects those tiny things (< 9 inch) that are no longer produced.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.