Mouse control is, well to put it kindly, it seems like crap.

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

StealthArcher
Ensign
Ensign

Mouse control is, well to put it kindly, it seems like crap.

Post by StealthArcher »

*TO NOTE*: Yes I have searched, yes I have googled. Keep your dipstick "lmgtfy" links of idiocy to yourselves.

Not controlling the ships, mostly attempting to do any movement with the mouse in the Ship Maker to place any parts at all. I've had it happen once where I inched my mouse up slightly, and it flew at least 20 pixels down to the left. It constantly will do the left-right jitter dance when attempting to move something up or down, and will sometimes just not move at all.

I use a less than a yr old Razer (no brag, just so people don't say ignorant things like "ball mice r old, get new wun noob"), and no other program, no matter how much I have used it across Windows 7, Vista and XP(swap drives) has done this.

I'm hoping it's an itentional thing that is caused by some part of the engine, or that someone has a way to make the mouse movement bearable. Assembling the entire ship by the numbers is slow, due to the fact I have to quit typing to see the postion update.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

If you hate the mouse, and can't tolerate the numbers, then shift-arrow keys are for you! It'll nudge your piece over a pixel at a time. Also, don't forget the option for precise 1/10 pixel movement, for those extra-special alignments.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

My Razer Copperhead works fine with everything :/

Perhaps try lowering the sensitivity? If this only happens with SM then there doesn't seem to be much reason other than, well, no, not even drivers, cos it would still be using the windows default for this - it's only a window after all :/
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
StealthArcher
Ensign
Ensign

Post by StealthArcher »

Swamp Fox wrote:If you hate the mouse, and can't tolerate the numbers, then shift-arrow keys are for you! It'll nudge your piece over a pixel at a time. Also, don't forget the option for precise 1/10 pixel movement, for those extra-special alignments.
Thank you my good man. I prefer mouse to any sort of keyboard control infinitely, but this seems like it will work well enough.