Noob questions

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Alreadyunder
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Noob questions

Post by Alreadyunder »

Hey, just need a little help reacquainting myself with the SM program after a long hiatus, wondering if anyone would be able to answer me a few Q's.
Cheers

1: Is there a way of saving weapons so that I can apply one weapon to multiple ships without stamping in each parameter in every ship file? Like a copy and paste but between Ships and not just cloning

2: Is there a way of making sections rotate with guns? Ive been playing with linked turrets and it would be really cool if i could find a way to either
A) Make a section fire like a turret, or:
B) Make a section (Or two) rotate along with a gun.

Thinking about it, thats all I have for now. Thanks :)
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Just to ninja Kaelis (:wink:) on this: Have you read the documentation and the ShipMaker Manual (start up SM, press F1)?

Read these first before asking any questions on the forums. (aka RTFM)

Kaelis, sorry 'bout the ninja. I promise I'll let you get the next one, okay?
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Alreadyunder
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Alreadyunder »

Yes i've read the manual, it was no help concerning the two questions I have, or if it was, it is too confusingly laid out for me to interpret.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Noob questions

Post by Squishy »

Alreadyunder wrote:1: Is there a way of saving weapons so that I can apply one weapon to multiple ships without stamping in each parameter in every ship file? Like a copy and paste but between Ships and not just cloning

2: Is there a way of making sections rotate with guns? Ive been playing with linked turrets and it would be really cool if i could find a way to either
A) Make a section fire like a turret, or:
B) Make a section (Or two) rotate along with a gun.

1) Nope, gotta do it by hand and memory.

2) Yes, here's what you do:

A) Select a section
B) Right-click on a weapon
C) Choose 'Set Driver'
Result = section rotates in sync with gun. It is called a turret section.
D) Place guns on the turret section.
E) *advanced* Use triggers to make the turret section 'recoil' on weapon fire.

Note: Only one driver per section, and only one section per driver!

VNilla wrote:~Spam~
You're real helpful, you know?

For the past three days I've noticed that you've been making worthless posts that barely scoot the rules. Mostly 'ME TOO' drivel in custom ships and 'unrelated thoughts' in the others. Stop it.

I would like to look at the forum index and not see your name as the last poster for the newest five threads in six forum categories.
Alreadyunder
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Alreadyunder »

Thanks, thats just what I was looking for!

Another question, is there a way to give homing qualities to a projectile that isnt the homing missile?

Basically, at the moment i've got a plasma torpedo weapon with a weasel sprite, can i give that weasel sprite the homing ability? Im basing it off plasma because I want the explosion the Plasma delivers, its for a sort of bio-weapon.
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

I'd say use the Torpedo Weapon, the HVR weapon or the HLBCoD, and just edit the sprites of the bullet and gun to your liking... Though sadly I don't think a shrapnel-explosion is possible... I could be wrong.
Salute otsam ee nashem dedum -
Zahvietum eekh fsigdah vierney.
Tepierre nichtoh, nee astanoivit,
Pabiedney shark, radnoy straney.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Re: Noob questions

Post by VNilla »

Squishy wrote:I would like to look at the forum index and not see your name as the last poster for the newest five threads in six forum categories.
Sadly, I have nothing better to do when I get home from school, which leaves me with three hours to kill until dinnertime. And it helps me practice my typing which does desperately need help. (And I've been on a BSF craze for the last 3 days. It's like a song stuck in my head, but it's more resilient.)

All in all, though. sorry.

EDIT: And how was that spam? Are friendly reminders and suggestions against the rules now too?
~~~~~
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Squishy is right, Vnilla. You're posting all over the place. Modesty, my boy.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Okay, okay. I'll stop. :(
~~~~~
~~~~~