driver problems

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

flabort
Captain
Captain

driver problems

Post by flabort »

which weapons revert to thier default position when no target is found, and which weapons stay still in whatever position they were in when they lose thier target?

i'm trying to make a driver, that when no target is found for the weapon, the sections slide back. actually, I'm also going to use triggers so the section slides "out" of the ship when the target is found, and back in when the target is lost, so the weapons at the end of the section(s) get closer to any target thier after. but to do this, i need to know which weapons revert to a default position when no target is found. mainly it's for a long "neck" with about fifteen drivers, but trial and error to find a usable weapon for the drivers is very anoying.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

missiles, blaster and artillery do this for example. but I think any weapon does when you set the rotation to less than one.
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
Mak0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mak0 »

use beamers to drive a platform, put weapon on the platform. beamers return to original position iirc
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

I forget where I heard this, and I'm not sure if it still hold true with the new version out, but I learned this trick a long time ago. I've heard that whether a weapon returns to its position is connected to it's turning speed. I do not recall what the gate is, but speeds below I think 1 will revert after they lose a lock, and weapons with turn rates above 1 will continue moving, as if scanning for targets.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

K, thanks! it worked, so I'm happy. now why didn't i try missles in the first place?...
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...