A Small Request...

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

VNilla
Commander
Commander

A Small Request...

Post by VNilla »

(I put this here because I thought that this would be the most appropriate place for it.)

Could someone please make some sort of very broad, step-by-step complete newbie's guide to animating ships? I've looked at it ad can't figure out what half of the various things do.

I've looked at some of the other guides on animation, but they are too specific: they assume you know the basics of what you are doing. I'm looking for a guide that could teach a six-year-old who's just playing BSF for the first time ever how to animate a ship, if only in the most simple way.

-Image Macro removed due to READ THE GODDAMN RULES IDIOT-

Next time it'll be a warning.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Mak0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mak0 »

Maok's guide to triggers

If you've read it, all i can say is that it doesn't get any easier than that, and having pictures and me saying "left-click/rightclick" it probably won't ever. Besides, all good editors have a learning curve :mrgreen:
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

I've already read that, but it doesn't cover some of the more basic things. I'm looking for something that covers everything from how to tell pieces what direction to go in, to how to set up triggers, to how to combine animations (maybe rotate one piece at the same time as the piece it is attached to is moving or rotating as well in a separate direction). I'm looking for a one-stop fix to all your animating questions.

Oh, and sorry about the image post. I forgot about that rule. :oops:
Last edited by VNilla on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

You did read the documentation, right?
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Yes, and that did help immensely, but it still doesn't contain everything I have questions on.
~~~~~
~~~~~
Grath
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grath »

Have you tried failing less?
Honestly. It's not that hard.
If you actually bothered to sit down and have the documentation open next to the SM window, and looked at the section on what you were trying to do, it would not be at all hard.
Triggers and movement can be tricky, yes. Documentation + the tutorials that already exist should be plenty. I suggest looking at the key binds from the documentation and going in and just trying it out. It's not that hard once you figure out what the fuck you're doing.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I can tell you off the bat that noone is likely to help you unfortunately. I get what your saying about the basic stuff but to avoid the sarcastic bullshit and ridicule, i suggest you just ask very specific questions and then ask more if you still don't understand. The documentation is very helpful, but it can be an eye full if your not computer literate. The tags in shipmaker do dumb it down though.