Mako's guide to triggers

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Boarthephoenix
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Boarthephoenix »

ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object __newobject994:

In script nTur2:
Error in code at line 24:
l_section[argument6].l_child[l_section[argument6].l_childnum] = l_weapon[wj]

at position 4: Unknown variable l_section or array index out of bounds

I get this error in the sandbox, it works fine in the editor, I don'y know what it means or why it is doing this.
Boarthephoenix
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Boarthephoenix »

ACK sorry for the double post! Also, some how I fixed the error....weird.....
Last edited by Boarthephoenix on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

DOUBLEPOST DETECTED.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
madisj
Ensign
Ensign

Post by madisj »

This really helped me understand triggers.

Thanks!
Unn4m3D
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Unn4m3D »

Question,
How do you make a pair of section go back 3 units then
opens (like sliding door) by sliding 3 units to the side
then goes back after the weapon stops from firing??

Oh BTW, I liked this Guide!
Flowrellik
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Mako's guide to triggers

Post by Flowrellik »

OK, I kinda need some help here. Since I've been somewhat improving on making ships, there's the one ordeal in making the Ship Deployer. It keeps crapping out mid game, and I know you just press the ignore button, but I really do want to create a fighter for the game. How do I make this a reality?
PS: If I can get an answer soon, I can release my first ship here as a little gift. It can pull off a damn good fight for a powerful ship, and can leave leviathan a run for it's money, even tho it can still recieve a good bit of damage in the process.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Mako's guide to triggers

Post by Anna »

Flowrellik wrote:OK, I kinda need some help here. Since I've been somewhat improving on making ships, there's the one ordeal in making the Ship Deployer. It keeps crapping out mid game, and I know you just press the ignore button, but I really do want to create a fighter for the game. How do I make this a reality?
PS: If I can get an answer soon, I can release my first ship here as a little gift. It can pull off a damn good fight for a powerful ship, and can leave leviathan a run for it's money, even tho it can still recieve a good bit of damage in the process.
1) Nobody cares about your ship, I doubt it would be worth recieving as a gift.
2) What makes you think this is the right place to post this question? Mako hasn't been around for a long time. Make your own thread.
3) We can't help fix the problem if you don't clearly explain what the problem is. Saying "it keeps crapping out mid game" doesn't tell us what's wrong and thus we can't tell you how to fix it. Copy-paste the error report ffs.

Locking this thread because there's no legitimate reason for people to ever post in it again unless mako comes back, in which case he can PM a mod or admin and we will unlock it for him.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.