Shipmaking Q&A

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

D00D! wrote:
Then my dreams have been shattered :cry: :cry: :cry:
Still, that doesn't mean the ship can't be finished, it just means it can never be used....

Perhaps an update in GM or more optimization in the BSF codes could fix it?
Not quite, they don't work for too long, but the same fighter stats (Extremely low accel and high speed) will work when the range is set to 0 with flanking AI. I can get arround 10-15 passes before they stop though, so it is short lived.

Hope this rekindles you thoughts.
Alls Requiem, my current project, with many more to come. Feel free to critique my site as much as you please.
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

IBurn36360 wrote: Not quite, they don't work for too long, but the same fighter stats (Extremely low accel and high speed) will work when the range is set to 0 with flanking AI. I can get arround 10-15 passes before they stop though, so it is short lived.

Err, I think you mistook me for someone else. I was referring to the fact that you can't spawn any ship larger than 160kbs
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

The largest transforming mecha EVAR!
IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

D00D! wrote:
IBurn36360 wrote: Not quite, they don't work for too long, but the same fighter stats (Extremely low accel and high speed) will work when the range is set to 0 with flanking AI. I can get arround 10-15 passes before they stop though, so it is short lived.

Err, I think you mistook me for someone else. I was referring to the fact that you can't spawn any ship larger than 160kbs

Oh, sorry, I ment this for Skull13.
Alls Requiem, my current project, with many more to come. Feel free to critique my site as much as you please.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

D00D! wrote:...more optimization in the BSF codes could fix it?
Did your dumb ass skip over the part where I said there's nothing we can do? Barring a miracle, we cannot do that kind of optimization without scrapping features. What would you rather have; ships with too many sections, or ships with moving and rotating sections?

Besides, what you could try doing is using lots of custom sections as I said. If need be, 'partition' up the ship into several chunks of reasonable size. This cuts down on the number of sections overall, and is thus more efficient. Time-consuming though.

A GM update would fix it, but fat chance of that happening from what I understand.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Does the "Force Fire" trigger work?

I have a Missile Launcher with several weapons linked to it. The Missile has 5 Range and 0 Burst, and is set to force fire every time an oscillating section reaches its target, but instead it does nothing.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/IxraninEL/Screenies/AsiSig1.gif[/img]
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Ixranin wrote: 0 Burst
That's the problem. 0 burst = 0 shots fired. Set to 1 to shoot only 1 shot at a time.
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

I tested with Burst set to 1 as well, and it still didn't fire. The only way I could get it to fire was to manually select the missile launcher and force fire it with x+rightclick.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/IxraninEL/Screenies/AsiSig1.gif[/img]
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Try changing the deviation value, it sounds like a target acquisition problem.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Kestril
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kestril »

How do you save a .ini file to where it's compatible with BSF. I've been struggling to get the steampunk pack to where i don't have to open each section individually.
* Posts may not contain the full extent of intellect required
Elias_The_Crimson
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Elias_The_Crimson »

Kestril wrote:How do you save a .ini file to where it's compatible with BSF. I've been struggling to get the steampunk pack to where i don't have to open each section individually.
DIEING to know this as well :O
Zoid Crusader
One-Ban Limit

Post by Zoid Crusader »

Um, how do i turn off the shine that goes back and forth along the ship?
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

I don't think you can actually turn off the shine... no wait, I just remembered that (at least I think) there's an option in the game settings somewhere... but if not, try just setting the shine color to black.
In the game settings menu, find where it indicates the ship colors and click the category name, e.g. "Player Ships 1" or something like that until it says "Ship Glow". Drag all the color bars to the left to make it black and the ships should stop glowing.
Elias_The_Crimson
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Elias_The_Crimson »

Zoid Crusader wrote:Um, how do i turn off the shine that goes back and forth along the ship?
I believe you're looking for the "Shimmer" option under the EFF tab on the sections.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

There's also the "Shimmer" line in bfconfig.ini in your BSF folder. Change the 1 to a 0.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Ixranin wrote:I tested with Burst set to 1 as well, and it still didn't fire. The only way I could get it to fire was to manually select the missile launcher and force fire it with x+rightclick.
Aye, sometimes the weapon modules have a certain 'warm-up' period before firing when you use triggers/drivers/links. Don't worry though, after the 'warm-up' period, the weapon behaves normally as it should. Generally though, the more complex the trigger, the longer it takes before firing.
Currently working on: