Shipmaking Q&A

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

D00D! wrote:I'm planning on writing a guide to do so but I need permission to post it up here in a separate section.
You don't need permission to post a guide, although im not sure what do you mean by 'post it up here in a separate section'.

Perturbaro, stop posting bugs here. The bug thread is in General Discussion. Read it. And read the documentation, too.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

He needs a mod to create a new thread or allow him to create a new thread to put the guide into.

EDIT:waidaminute... It was dissallowed,someone re-unlocked the function?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Yes, the SIAR is unlocked now.
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

OK, I'm still having the same problem, and I'm convinced it's not a bug because other people have talked about doing the same exact thing. I've looked at the documentation and am convinced that I'm just doing something wrong.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nyuwmyhzjjj
The ship.

The guns are supposed to activate when the shutters open, but when I press comma to make them move, I get an error. I think I'm doing exactly what the documentation says and I know other people have got this to work. I must be making some mistake somewhere. Can someone please just look at the ship and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

User was warned for this post. (Anna)
When in deadly danger, When beset by doubt, Run in little circles, Wave your arms and shout
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

You get an error -> its a bug -> refer to bug thread.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Perturabo, congratulations, your inability to fucking read has earned you yet another warning. Kaelis said "Perturabo, stop posting bugs here", and then less than twenty four hours and TWO POSTS LATER, you post another bug in here! BRAVO. Your stupidity astounds me.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Post by Hypothetical Wisdom »

Alright, if we're all done yelling at people, I have a few questions that should be fairly simple to answer.

1: How can I make an immobile, rotating space station or battlestation like the Leviathan, the Space stations in levels 1,5, and 8, and the battlestations in levels 3 and 7? I can set the movement to 0, but the value automatically sets itself to like 0.01 or something greater than zero. That also doesn't make the station rotate automatically.

2: I'm trying to make a self-replicating ship using the ship deployer. The ship deployer works fine, but each new ship produced has a fully charged ship deployer and can replicate itself immediately. When the ship is controlled by the AI, this tends to lead to an obscene amount of ships by the time a target is destroyed. What I want is a ship that can replicate itself, and then the new ships can replicate themselves after a while, but not immediately. Is there a way to set a module so it starts out with 0 energy? If not, could that feature be added?
Will work for kewl sig/av

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Hypothetical Wisdom wrote:1: How can I make an immobile, rotating space station or battlestation like the Leviathan, the Space stations in levels 1,5, and 8, and the battlestations in levels 3 and 7? I can set the movement to 0, but the value automatically sets itself to like 0.01 or something greater than zero. That also doesn't make the station rotate automatically.
Max speed 0.
Acceleration doesn't matter if you have a max speed of 0.
Turning is gonna be the constant rate at which your station turns.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Hypothetical Wisdom wrote:2: I'm trying to make a self-replicating ship using the ship deployer. The ship deployer works fine, but each new ship produced has a fully charged ship deployer and can replicate itself immediately. When the ship is controlled by the AI, this tends to lead to an obscene amount of ships by the time a target is destroyed.
LOL Fork Bomb. I was wondering when someone would find that.
Hypothetical Wisdom wrote:What I want is a ship that can replicate itself, and then the new ships can replicate themselves after a while, but not immediately. Is there a way to set a module so it starts out with 0 energy? If not, could that feature be added?
I vote yes on this. That would be awesome.

Also, LOL @ Anna vs Perturabo. :lol:
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Actually it is completely dependent on acceleration being zero if you want a automatically turning station,if you want a near stationary station thing that still faces targets,then yes accel to anything but zero.
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Hey, that works, Shadow! Thx!

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Next Question: How do you get the core of your ship to look like the asteroid platforms in level 2?

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

You can't. You can only use the offered list of cores; Terran, Alien, Pirate, Civilian, Small, Defense Platform, Space Station and Space Station Diagonal.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Well, could that feature be added or something? The limited customization features on the core are one of the biggest roadblocks when creating graphical effects.

Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Actually, the sprites from the modded sm should be in the custom sprite folder.