Shipmaking Q&A

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

How do you get rid of the puffing smoke that seems to come from the core unit?
"Forgive my rudeness. I cannot abide useless people." -Murphy, Firefly

[b]Images removed for thoroughly violating width limit.[/b]
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Post by Hypothetical Wisdom »

I don't know if you can, but it'd sure be nice if you could. The core isn't very customizable.
Will work for kewl sig/av

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

You can't. End of story. ;)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

This may sound n00bish, but how do you save custom colors in the Shipmaker, the ones under the three player color buttons?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Read the documentation.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

How do you disable a weapon by default, and only if a section is rotated/moved to the border the weapon is enabled?

The weapon online/offline mode doesn't seem to respond to border reaching triggers. The other difficulty is getting weapons disabled by default rather than enabled by default.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

AnnihilatorX wrote:How do you disable a weapon by default, and only if a section is rotated/moved to the border the weapon is enabled?
There no direct way to do it, but you can achieve the same effect by, for example, triggering it off immediately after ship spawns with some rotating/moving/fading section.
AnnihilatorX wrote:The weapon online/offline mode doesn't seem to respond to border reaching triggers.
Looks like a bug.
X-14
Commander
Commander

Post by X-14 »

I have one Questions:

I have create a ship whit Moving Sections, but in Sandbox doesn't move to the position... i can't do anything with the manuals... please help me.
BizzarreCoyote
Commander
Commander

Post by BizzarreCoyote »

X-14 wrote:I have one Questions:

I have create a ship whit Moving Sections, but in Sandbox doesn't move to the position... i can't do anything with the manuals... please help me.
Well, anything could be wrong. It depends on how you have the triggers set up.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/bizzarecoyote][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/bizzarecoyote.png[/img][/url]
X-14
Commander
Commander

Post by X-14 »

BizzarreCoyote wrote:
X-14 wrote:I have one Questions:

Well, anything could be wrong. It depends on how you have the triggers set up.
I Think i now what i do false. I don't now anything from the triggers. Can anybody make a manuals with picture. This is easier for me??? please

EDIT: I can it now. Thanks BizzarreCoyote.
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to make a section that covers a weapon, then moves aside when the weapon aquires a target. Maybe I've overlooked something, but when the weapon aquires a target, the section moves to its target, then instantly jumps back to its origin. Is it supposed to do that? How do I get something to stop along its move path, instead of jumping back to the origin? By the way, I'm using these triggers: On 1: weapon aquired target. On 2: Weapon lost target. Off 1: Move reach target. Off 2: Move reach origin.

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Check return speed.
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Hmm, no, I see what you're saying, but I don't think that's it. The return speed is set to 1.11. In fact, after looking at it again, the mover behavior is even more eratic than what I described in the first post.. When I launch the sandbox to test the ship, the mover starts at its target, moves somewat along its path, then jumps back to its origin. When the gun starts firing, the mover again jumps instantly to the target, moves back to the origin correctly, then moves correctly to the target. upon reaching the target, the mover jumps back to its origin and stops moving altogether. Idk if this is just me being newbish, or maybe a bug. If it is a bug, it might even a bug that was fixed in the v.90a release; I still haven't updated yet.

Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Hypothetical Wisdom wrote:Idk if this is just me being newbish, or maybe a bug. If it is a bug, it might even a bug that was fixed in the v.90a release; I still haven't updated yet.
Update, now. D:
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Yeah, I prolly ought to do that.. *scolds self for laziness*