Shipmaking Q&A

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Gmuttly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Gmuttly »

this may sound bad but it won't won't let me used imported sections, it just says:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: User Defined 0
for object gui_tools:

Missing sprite!

Custom sprites\Kae_dtl-sw\Kae_dtl-sw13.png

Press ignore to replace with '?' sprite, or abort to terminate Shipmaker.
:!: :!: :!: :!:
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Make sure all your sprites are in the Custom Sprites folder in your BSF directory.
Gmuttly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Gmuttly »

Thanks it worked ty
Warbird94
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere in a spaceship factory in outer rim of this galaxy

Re: Shipmaking Q&A

Post by Warbird94 »

I´m having a problem with the painting of my ships when they are on a different team. If i go to sandbox mode the ship has the colour it should have (mostly some grey tones), but when i spawn the same ship as an enemy some sections have a red tone and if i spawn the ship as an allied some sections have a blue tone. That looks totally bad and i don't want the sections to change their colour. What do I have to do?
Hey what does that button do??? *head explodes*

Battleships Forever RULES
apache1990
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by apache1990 »

If you don't want to use any of the built-in team colors, you should avoid using the top three colors in the list in shipmaker (as those automatically change to the team colors in game).
Warbird94
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere in a spaceship factory in outer rim of this galaxy

Post by Warbird94 »

Aha! It works!
And once again i got a bit more knowledge about the loved and (sometimes hated) shipmaker....
thanks apache!
Hey what does that button do??? *head explodes*

Battleships Forever RULES
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

I've been having this trouble for a while. Whenever I hide a section, it hides fine. When I unhide it however, sometimes it shows parenting lines go far to the right, at a point where I can't see them. And I can't get the section back. It's also usually a section that if I deleted, would screw up other sections as well.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

don't know what the problem is there, but i've seen it before. to sort it out you have to open the .sb4 in notepad, find the section that it was a change the epically large number (s) to something more like 3600, which is around the co-ordinates of the core
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Eccles
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Eccles »

An issue with turret sections:
I've got the driver set to no shoot, a couple of firing weapons in place and all mounted on a turret section. The problem is the whole thing can spin 360 degrees when all three weapons on it only have firing arcs of 90 degrees. Have I missed something or is there simply nothing that can be done about it?
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

the two firing weapons should have firing arcs of one degree so that they don't turn the turrets total firing arc is set by the driver.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

you don't need to set the firing arcs of the firing weapons to anything, just link them to the driver. and yeah, the driver sets the turning arc of the whole turret
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

vidboi wrote:you don't need to set the firing arcs of the firing weapons to anything, just link them to the driver. and yeah, the driver sets the turning arc of the whole turret
Don't forget that the driver should never be parented to the turret it drives. Pretty simple but very important.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Eccles
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Eccles »

Arcalane wrote:
vidboi wrote:you don't need to set the firing arcs of the firing weapons to anything, just link them to the driver. and yeah, the driver sets the turning arc of the whole turret
Don't forget that the driver should never be parented to the turret it drives. Pretty simple but very important.
Aha, so that's what I've been doing. Much appreciated.
WUT
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by WUT »

Hi,

so I downloaded all those fancy custom Parts you got here, But always, when I try to add them trough the Arrange Group Funciton, I get this error:

for object obj_sidebar:

Missing sprite!

Custom sprites\do Simoes\Desktop\Sprites\Kae_aln-sw07.png

Press ignore to replace with '?' sprite, or abort to terminate Shipmaker.

And when I try to put them in the game with Export function, nothing works. Help?
Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Post by Jokarun »

Jokarun wrote:You extract custom sections in a folder directly in the custom sprites folder, the name of the folder is usually the name of the rar in which the sections are.

for example kaelis his mecha sections ( Kae_mechasw.rar) belong in the Kae_mechasw folder...
which would give something like: Battleships Forever\Custom sprites\Kae_mch-sw

see if putting your sections like that fixes your problem...
I guess this solution is the same one for your problem...

=o and, before I forget, Welcome to the forums
I don't know about you; But I generally don't store games in RAM.
~~Take a cookie~~
J.