Shipmaking Q&A

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Drag and drop into the window of Shipmaker.
It'll create the section.
zackfire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by zackfire »

That doesn't add it to the menu though, it only creates one section, and I still have to know exactly what I need. I want to be able to put it all in the scroll down menu (shortcut z) so I can look through them and find what I want.
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

Open up the scrolling menu thingy, and drag&drop into that. It adds to where you dragged. You can then save the sprite selection in the menu.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Or read the documentation:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3556
find out about group arrange and saving sprite inis, and be amazed by how many features youve missed because you were too lazy to at least skim through the stickies.
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

I haven't seen it anywhere, so

Is there any way to control the size or color of the explosion of a section?
Lurk more
DSMK2
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by DSMK2 »

Er wierd, I'm toying with HVRockets... Running into a situation where they don't lock on to a another target after the former target was destroyed <DC>. And outside of direct control mode the ship never fires its rockets.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

DSMK2 wrote:Running into a situation where they don't lock on to a another target after the former target was destroyed
Weird - have you ever run into a situation where any missile does lock on to another target? Or are you talking about pre-launch?
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

DSMK2 wrote:Er wierd, I'm toying with HVRockets... Running into a situation where they don't lock on to a another target after the former target was destroyed <DC>. And outside of direct control mode the ship never fires its rockets.
This is because we don't constantly feed target data to the missiles so that they can reacquire in the case of a target loss. A megaswarm of missiles is laggy enough without each missile constantly "pinging" the battlefield for a list of nearby potential targets so that it can retarget in the case of it's target being lost or destroyed.

No missiles retarget after target loss, actually, so I don't know why you'd expect HVMs to do it.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
DSMK2
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by DSMK2 »

Ha ha, fixed it, didn't understand the launch arc variable. Though thanks for the help.

Blah new question, though this is related to sprites, so I make a new weapon, a small weapon <flak> it doesn't seem to rotate by it's center... Is the sprite too small?
kraduk
Account Inactive

Post by kraduk »

alright......
i am fed up with ripping my eyes out........
how do i make sprites and how do i install them i want to make some SW styled ones if anyone would like to help me :P
Please help me i am fed up with these stock sections!
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

kraduk wrote:alright......
i am fed up with ripping my eyes out........
how do i make sprites and how do i install them i want to make some SW styled ones if anyone would like to help me :P
Please help me i am fed up with these stock sections!
Have you tried the forum's search function? I'm sure that would have directed you to the Custom Content forum and several packs of SW and other custom sprites.
To use them in the shipmaker, you simply need to open the folder containing your desired sprites and drag and drop them directly into SM.
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

So I've noticed an interesting nuance of ShipMaker: Sometimes when a ship has complicated triggering going on, when it spawns in-game BSF goes crazy with "error in action number _ of...", etc., BUT when I re-mirror the ship immediately before saving it the glitches go away. I imagine this is probably an imperfection in the mirroring system, and also that you (the developers) already knew about that.
This is all fine and good, except that when a driver is mirrored, it doesn't copy to the other side, i.e. if I have a weapon-driven section on the left side of the ship and re-mirror it, the corresponding section on the right side doesn't move. This too would be all fine and good, except...
What am I supposed to do when I have to re-mirror a glitchy ship and it's supposed to have drivers on both sides?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Rig up the drivers manually? :roll: Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

I've done that, but as I mentioned I have to re-mirror it immediately before saving to avoid glitches, "immediately before" here meaning that I can't subsequently rewire the drivers or the ship glitches again.

I've started to wonder, why does the ship even have that whole mirroring data thing in the file anyway? Why can't the mirror function simply delete the right side and reflect the sections from the left onto the right?
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

parameciumkid wrote:I've started to wonder, why does the ship even have that whole mirroring data thing in the file anyway? Why can't the mirror function simply delete the right side and reflect the sections from the left onto the right?
What if you're building on the right side? =|
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~