(outdated) Ship Maker Information

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Xanithor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Xanithor »

So, looking at some screenshots, I wonder, how do you change the size of those beams? Do you just increase the width or something?
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

A/Q and shift-A/shift-Q resizes a weapon, which resizes the projectile/beam. For those really big beams, you'll want to make it invisibly thin so it doesn't look bad.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Xanithor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Xanithor »

mtheminja wrote:A/Q and shift-A/shift-Q resizes a weapon, which resizes the projectile/beam. For those really big beams, you'll want to make it invisibly thin so it doesn't look bad.
Ah, ok, thanks. Heh. Now my giant lazorz ship is able to be completed.

EDIT: Blargh. Having DF and BSF on at the same time slows down your computer.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

This is my first post here, and I have a question.

After skulking around in the shadows for a while, I've seen people change the glow that either Deflector module, or the Booster, gives to the section it's targeting. In what I'm assuming is a similar way, I've seen people change the colours of the projectiles fired by weapons as well. How would I go about this? It would be very useful to know for my upcoming fleet that I plan to submit and have laughed at.

If it's a problem, I have Shipbuilder 3.2. I assume this is the latest version, but if it's not, which is ?
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

Verminator wrote:This is my first post here, and I have a question.

After skulking around in the shadows for a while, I've seen people change the glow that either Deflector module, or the Booster, gives to the section it's targeting. In what I'm assuming is a similar way, I've seen people change the colours of the projectiles fired by weapons as well. How would I go about this? It would be very useful to know for my upcoming fleet that I plan to submit and have laughed at.

If it's a problem, I have Shipbuilder 3.2. I assume this is the latest version, but if it's not, which is ?
After placing a weapon, to the right, near the section choosing bar, you'll have a button 'edit'.
[b][color=red]Comrade Malahite
Red Star Navy senior designer[/color][/b]
[i]"True beauty lies in the eye of the viewer"[/i]
[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8817/signeh5.jpg[/img]
[i]"For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done"[/i]
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

I am an idiot. Thank you. Now I can get back to making those lame ships I promised.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
T Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

SB terminology

Post by T Rex »

I'm also new and have a quick question. In the box where you put in the information for the ship, what is the formrank number for? :?:
As the dawn calmly rises, the smooth metal glimmers. Forty ships of the fleet slip by with smooth ease. The ominous planet below them is soon to witness the largest battle in galactic history
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

It defines what postition, or 'rank' the vessel will take in a fleet formation. Set it to 1 for a ship that takes point, and count upwards for a ship farther back in the formation.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

that actually works? damn...
T Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T Rex »

Thanks didn't know that.

on a different note, I'm fixing to post my first fleet using all the information i've gathered from the forums so if you have the time please comment/critique them.
As the dawn calmly rises, the smooth metal glimmers. Forty ships of the fleet slip by with smooth ease. The ominous planet below them is soon to witness the largest battle in galactic history
Pyront
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pyront »

How do you get the wepon code of off an edited wepon? When I say wepon code I don't mean press E to enter the code but how to get it.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Pyront wrote:How do you get the wepon code of off an edited wepon? When I say wepon code I don't mean press E to enter the code but how to get it.
Press R.
XEALMOX
One-Ban Limit

Post by XEALMOX »

how do i change sprites in the modified shipmaker

i'm in need of a sun as a ''power source'' and i can't get it right anytime i try
"What is it your Borg friends say? Resistance is futile."
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

If I remember correctly (which is no guarantee), you modify a doodad's string to replace the sprite with spr_Sun. Make sure to turn on additive blending.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
XEALMOX
One-Ban Limit

Post by XEALMOX »

for further reference: click the section, press r, hit okay, press e and change what you have to change, hit okay
"What is it your Borg friends say? Resistance is futile."