Inspirational spaceship art gallery

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

From my experience, FBA is the best emulator to use for DP/DDP:
http://fba.emuunlim.com/

Apart from Donpachi and Dodonpachi, there are three other games in the series, but one works only partially and only on one emulator, which has no facilities for extracting sprites, and the other two are for PS2 and PS3.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

heh those are nice; nothing better for use in a 2d game than ships ripped from 2d game, especially classic.

I love the homeworld ships though. Some are rather ugly but they also have great potential to be replicated here.

Ill have to find some stuff to throw on here.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

These are great! :) However, I want more top-down pictures. While I get great ideas from a lot of these, I always manage to mutilate them in ShipMaker, so I need pictures that I can trace with. (Although the pictures at the end of new9 can tide me over for now!)
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Im uploading everything i stumble upon, including top-down pictures; i don't hold back with anything. The lack of top-downs is simply because i didnt find many.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Ah, OK.
~~~~~
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

I see some more top-downs in new14, so I'm not complaining. Thanks!
~~~~~
~~~~~
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ?start=all
http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ?start=all

Does anyone find this useful or should i stop bothering? Im asking because im not getting much traffic; most albums have only ~20 views.

Oh, and by the way, do you guys know of any service that offers gallery hosting/gallery generation/whatever? Id like to display those pictures just as clickable thumbnails that lead directly to full-size pic, photobucket is a bit too awkward and bloated for that.
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

Well, it's definitely useful. I always check whenever you post a new album, and sometimes look back at old ones when feeling non-inspirated.

The only thing that bothers me is that a lot of them would look like poo when built in BSF (by me). Of course I know they're to be used as inspiration, not just for copy/pasting into the shipbuilder, but many designs will never work out when I try to make something like it. So it's easier for me to just work with own designs.

Nonetheless they're great albums, and a lot of images can be used as inspiration for something. The LEGO ones even stirred the little LEGO-neurons that still reside somewhere in my brain. But I didn't actually build anything.