(outdated) Advanced Weapon Customizing Techniques

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

With the whole bending beam idea, I think we can do that right now with modified weasel guns. Anyone wanna give it a shot?
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Curved beams with modified weasel guns you say?, i did that for the Enslavers. Ill put up a download when i can.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

I was inspired by the idea of sending an energy pulse through a beam, so I created this beamer with a pulsar on top of it the pulsar itself already has the nice effect of looking like an energy wave. of course feel free to experiment with it yourself

at larger distances the beam and pulsar don't allign well btw, I don't know if this can be fixed

weapon|Laser|45|120|-1|120|-1|-1|3000|0|1||15310394|50|-1|0|-1|-1|-1|1|1

weapon|Pulsar|22.50|6|80|-1|50|-1|3000|0|-1||15184920|200|0|0|30|30|30|1|1

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... arbeam.shp
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

one tweak i can suggest is that if you stack 2 (physically) smaller pulsars on top, one with a longer and one with a shorter speed it looks even cooler. Of course, it makes the lining up problems even worse...
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Empty wrote:You could have just set it to burst rather than using three railguns though.
it was for in case you set 3 different colors, and also for a damage=less projectiles effect. beamer is for the effect of some of the piercing spikes don't get through, but fry a single section, btw.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

That energy pulse in a beam weapon idea gave me a pretty cool idea the other day. The idea was to use a rail gun and place it under a mega beam so it looks like there was something in the beam. So I tried it out with a ship I was building and it looked pretty cool.

The light green inside the mega beam is the rail gun. So I encourage you guys to try it out with different colours to see what happens.

Heres the code

weapon|Railgun|1|1|1|500|1500|-1|4000|0|-1|Eternal Annihilator|8453888|200|10|0|1000|-1|-1|0.80|0.80
weapon|MegaBeam|1|1|1|500|1|-1|4000|0|-1||65408|100|1|0|-1|-1|-1|1|1

The only problems with the weapon is alignment with the beam and the rail gun but if the ship is stationary it looks good.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Neato.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

This is a bit basic, but its worthy of mention, in my humble opinion. I used a blaster or pulse cannon with a 0 or 1 frame fire rate, and used the clipsize for how ling I want it to fire. The end result is this basic (but cool-looking, I think) bolt effect.

The pic is kinda big, so I've linked to it.
Bolt effect! Yay!
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

Skull13 wrote:This is a bit basic, but its worthy of mention, in my humble opinion. I used a blaster or pulse cannon with a 0 or 1 frame fire rate, and used the clipsize for how ling I want it to fire. The end result is this basic (but cool-looking, I think) bolt effect.

Bolt effect! Yay!
Good on you for mentioning that... Venator and myself use that rather often.

Recently I've taken to elongating the blaster turret instead, however. This produces a similar (if not as dramatic) result without making the 'bolt' any more or less difficult to intercept.

Your idea does have the advantage of being able to (theoretically) chew through a ship and still have the capability to hit something on the other side, however, which is also very useful.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

That capacity is there, yes.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Skull13 wrote:This is a bit basic, but its worthy of mention, in my humble opinion. I used a blaster or pulse cannon with a 0 or 1 frame fire rate, and used the clipsize for how ling I want it to fire. The end result is this basic (but cool-looking, I think) bolt effect.

Bolt effect! Yay!
Wait, is that like a muzzle flash? If so, it's awesome.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

T-002 wrote:

Bolt effect! Yay!
Wait, is that like a muzzle flash? If so, it's awesome.
Er, simply put, no. It's a stream of blaster bolts made to look like a single, long bolt.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

It looks a bit like an Ori main weapon...
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Since weasel weapons go around funky, I decided to throw one on top of a beamer and remove the secondary particles.
pwhk
Commander
Commander

Post by pwhk »

I think it worth mentioning, though it is only one weapon :?
The single beamer that can keep firing non-stop, and can start and stop firing at any time.

Code: Select all

weapon|Laser|45|0|1|30|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|Non-stop Beamer|16776960|31|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|1|0.90
It's principle is to set the beam duration slightly higher than its reload time, also with both deviations data 0 otherwise it would looks like multiple beams being shoot at the same time. Actually you can set beam duration to be 2 and reload time to be 1, but it might cause the game to lag. In this example, its beam duration 31 and reload time 30.