Guide on Custom Wep statistics

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

If you want a lag beamer, maybe. Just set the reload to 30, cooldown to 0 and clip to 0. Then you have a constant beamer that isn't a lagfest.

Leave the custom weapon theorizing to people who know what they're doing with the statistics and numbers.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

CLIP TO ONE.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Actually, 0 is treated as 1 in most circumstances when it comes to clips, I believe.

Either way, it's still better than that retarded lagbeam. :roll:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

I'd like to add some notes:

For beamers, beam duration is independent of reload/cooldown. So, for example, if you set beam duration 300, cooldown 30, clip size to 3, and reload to 600, the first beam will fire at 0 frames, the second at 30 frames (1 second), and the third at 60 frames (2 seconds). So, you'll have 3 beams going at once at 2 seconds. The first beam will stop at 300 frames (10 seconds), so from frame 60 to 300 (240 frames, or 8 seconds) all three beams will be going at once. This way, you can have a beam that slowly powers up while firing, then slowly power down. I would like this note included, because I assumed that the next shot in a clip would not fire until the first beam was finished.

For railguns, depth of penetration is "Damage"/"Dmg per hit", and damage to each component is "Dmg per hit", kinda like the weasel gun. So, the depth of penetration is not fixed. However, the shot of the railgun stops shortly after its intended target, regardless of how much penetration it has left.

For the pulsar, the clip size determines the number of shots fired at once.

For demeters, new demeters can be put out even if the old demeter drones are still around. I always assumed that new ones wouldn't come out if the old ones were still up. Not sure why. Does anyone know what the Damage and Bullet Speed attributes do for demeters? I'd assume they'd affect the drones' bullet damage and the speed of the demeter drones respectively.

Point beams take out any projectile in one hit regardless of its interceptability. Does anyone know what the Bullet Speed attribute does for it? It seems to be instantaneous, though it has none of the stats of a beamer. It doesn't seem to be a projectile though, and as I said previously, it is special in that it intercepts everything 100% of the time.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Bullet speed for the point beam does precisely, exactly, nothing.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
BigFattyPlus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by BigFattyPlus »

Just a quick question: How do you change the weapon's firing arc? I had an idea for a superweapon using a railgun, but I didn't want it to be able turn except by a few degrees to port of starboard. I also hit a key be accident and made the weapon bigger, but I can't remember what key it was.
"Suffer the little ones, for they may yet rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BygPhattyPlus
Barrage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Barrage »

I/K
or Shift+I/Shift+K
Im baaaaaaaaaack!
Again.
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]
Royace
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Royace »

Boba Fetuccini wrote:AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
I made a helicoptering superbeamer! unfortunately, the ship didn't last long enough to fire it more than once. :(

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DID YOU DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

I am wondering if you can make your missile launcher fire rockets at an angle. Say with everything set to default and the missile launcher is facing to upwards, when an enemy is inside its firing range, it fires a missile at a 90° angle to the left. And it always does so in relation to the enemy. I am not sure if I am doing it correctly but what I can do is that the scenario above only happens for the first shot. The other shots onwards will be straight towards the enemy.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Well, if you set the launch arc to be 90 but the firing arc to 1 then you have a missile launcher that will just fire whenever an enemy comes within a 180 degree arc without turning to face the target. Stick it to the side of your ship facing outwards and you'll get the effect you're looking for. Then it's just a matter of messing with the missile turn speed so it will actually be able to hit the target...

The key point is launch arc vs firing arc.
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Just additional findings I like to input;
For;
Weasel Guns
Burst determines the lifespan of sub-munition

Speed of submunition is also inversely proprotional to their turning speed. (That or its turning speed cannot be change regardless of speed) FYI, lower speed, smaller bounces.

For;
Tachyon weaponary
Tachyon turning determines the speed and area of the tachyon coverage, setting massive turning and no wander makes your tachyon stay on their target. Minute wander also cause your tachyon to behave wierdly so not sure if it is reliable.

For;
Everything else
Weapon size is determined by weapon module size but the length of the weapon is a larger factor for beams

Doubt that anyone would bother though
Last edited by D00D! on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

The largest transforming mecha EVAR!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Weasel.

Tachyon.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
thacannon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by thacannon »

Btw, has anyone experimented with the utility weapons? (deflectors, boosters, projectors, etc etc etc)

It's actually quite nice- I turned the demeter launcher into mini, flexible turrets launchers (demeter speed to 0 and range to 0 and such)

The best was the Rorschach at strength 99999 ect. Try it, the reflected beam go nuts! :twisted:
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

They're called 'modules'. And no, that's not original.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

ArcaneDude wrote:Weasel.

Tachyon.
>.> <.< You're a english nazi ain't ya?

Fixed it.
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

The largest transforming mecha EVAR!