Guide on Custom Wep statistics

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

D00D! wrote:
ArcaneDude wrote:Weasel.

Tachyon.
>.> <.< You're a english nazi ain't ya?
I doubt ArcanDude is a Nazi, but for a word that should be engraved in your head (especially considering you went so far as to post tips about them), you might as well spell them right. This is a forum, you have time to type things out correctly, in proper English, with good detail, spelling, and elaboration.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

D00D! wrote:
ArcaneDude wrote:Weasel.

Tachyon.
>.> <.< You're a english nazi ain't ya?
No. I simply prefer it if people use proper spelling. Also, it's called a grammar nazi.

Also, "an English Nazi, aren't you?".
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

I haven't fully confirmed this, but the demeter launcher's firing range seems to be relative to the host ship's AI range.
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

DeathsHand wrote:I haven't fully confirmed this, but the demeter launcher's firing range seems to be relative to the host ship's AI range.
That'd make a lot of sense. A while ago I noticed that demeters would never fire at the range I gave them, but I didn't make the connection between AI range and firing. In short, thanks, this is really useful info.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Ok, I've been experimenting a bit more with the demeters...

It seems that regardless of settings, the maximum initial engagement range of the demeter launcher is one thousand(It's default[?]). Setting their range to less will work, but over their default range will require the host ship to approach within 1000 distance of the target ship/section. After the first initial firing, the demeter will work at it's designated range until the targeted core/ship/section is destroyed.

After it's target is destroyed, it seems to revert back to default 1000 range until the process is repeated.

Odd, at first I thought it was the ship AI range, but I guess not. Of course I may be wrong somewhere here... :?
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

is the 1000 coming from your "maxrange" setting? :wink:
try fiddling with that