Shipmaking Q&A

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

CTRL + Right-click on the palette to get the save context-menu.

For your weapon...

On Trigger = Key Pressed , (comma) (self)
Off Trigger = Frames Elapsed (self)
Off Frames = This will be the cooldown in frames you want between presses of the , key.
Mode = Force Fire

If you don't have an off trigger, the darn thing will only fire ONCE ever.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
dyoano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Custom colors

Post by dyoano »

It's great that the new BF has several easy-to-access color options on the left control panel, but sometimes light blue or navy blue won't cut it when I want turquoise blue.

So whenever I want a custom color, I go the the section and press "Custom Color". In the window that pops up, on the top there's around 20 pre-defined colors, and on the bottom, in two rows, are black color palettes that you define and fill yourself. The problem is whenever I define a custom color and save it into one of those empty palettes, it works once and the next time I open Custom Colors again, its gone, and I have to reenter the values for my color, which is a pain in the ass. help!
Xynus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Custom colors

Post by Xynus »

dyoano wrote:It's great that the new BF has several easy-to-access color options on the left control panel, but sometimes light blue or navy blue won't cut it when I want turquoise blue.

So whenever I want a custom color, I go the the section and press "Custom Color". In the window that pops up, on the top there's around 20 pre-defined colors, and on the bottom, in two rows, are black color palettes that you define and fill yourself. The problem is whenever I define a custom color and save it into one of those empty palettes, it works once and the next time I open Custom Colors again, its gone, and I have to reenter the values for my color, which is a pain in the ass. help!
there's nothing you can do about this. memorize the RBG values or write them down.
apache1990
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by apache1990 »

False.

Edit the values for the colors in smconfig.ini, and it will automatically set the colors to those when it's launched.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

True actually, that colour selector is broken. Though as stated, the other colour tabs can be used.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
apache1990
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by apache1990 »

Ah, yes, I didn't read it quite right, and thought he meant the color boxes on the side of the design area.

It is a bit annoying that the 'Custom Colors' boxes don't work.
Creed!ng
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Creed!ng »

How do i import more then one section at a time? Its bugging me that i can't find the "Add them all" button. :(
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Creed!ng wrote:How do i import more then one section at a time? Its bugging me that i can't find the "Add them all" button. :(
Open up the BSF file and go to custom sprites and drag and drop into SM.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
dyoano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by dyoano »

i'm sorry, i don't seem to understand what you wrote. can you explain how to import multiple sprites at a time? it still doesn't work for me.
TehJarl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TehJarl »

You have to select multiple sprites, and drop them into the group.

Also, how do you add doodads? I mean add them to the .ini file.
The world be a better place if all the idiots were removed. A desolate place, but a better place.
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img]
dyoano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by dyoano »

can gravbeams be modded so that they automatically pull the enemy toward them (or in a certain direction in general)? i've tried and nothing seems to work... i would really like to make a black hole generator :P
Skarmory The PG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Skarmory The PG »

T'is not in the manual, I checked.

What is the secret to hiding a weapon behind a section?
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

parent the weapon to a section below the one you want to hide it under and press W.
Skarmory The PG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Skarmory The PG »

That's... works.
HailFire
Ensign
Ensign

Post by HailFire »

Sorry for the necro, but;

I've been working on a couple single-section ships (strike-fighters for a fleet). I've got no problems making the sections and getting them to work, but I have no idea how to use custom sections as cores (if it's even possible; I'm working on the assumption that the single-section ships are custom sections as cores, and not just a custom section over a core).

Help?