Help with viewing and editing .sb3 blueprints

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

zgeek1
Ensign
Ensign

Help with viewing and editing .sb3 blueprints

Post by zgeek1 »

Hey I have shipbuilder 4.0 and it seems that it will not open the .sb3 blueprints. I just get an error saying-

for object obj_section:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.

How can I get this fixed?
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

I'm pretty sure that the new version obsoleted .sb3 files. Unfortunately, you'll have to rebuild your ships. However, your old ships' .shp files should still load in-game.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
zgeek1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zgeek1 »

ok how then do I use others designs since their isnt a single ship in the database that is .sb4 they are all either .shp and .sb3 or only .sb3
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

If it's only an .sb3 then you're out of luck, but if it has a .shp then you can play with that. You just won't be able to edit it. Or if you really really want I do have a copy of 0.89 still kicking around which I could upload, but honestly speaking it's probably not worth it.
Also, are you just pulling ships out of the DB randomly? Because if you are you should know that the majority of stuff in there is complete junk.
Last edited by Swamp Fox on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

In some threads, people may post download links for their ships/fleets. Look around, and find some you like. If a fleet has no download link, ask for one.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Swamp Fox wrote:If it's only an .sb3 then you're out of luck, but if it has a .shp then you can play with that. You just won't be able to edit it. Or if you really really want I do have a copy of 0.89 still kicking around which I could upload, but honestly speaking it's probably not worth it.
I didn't think old .shp files were compatable with BSF anymore either.

Anyway, zgeek, .sb4's are in the custom ships archive, they're just usually zipped in .rar or .zip files. Anyway, if you want to download ships, check in the threads on the Custom Ships forums and look for downloads there. Then you'll know what the ships look like before you download them.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Anna wrote:I didn't think old .shp files were compatable with BSF anymore either.
Well, it works on this end. I just loaded up a .shp made in .88, and it's chugging along happily.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Anna wrote:
Swamp Fox wrote:If it's only an .sb3 then you're out of luck, but if it has a .shp then you can play with that. You just won't be able to edit it. Or if you really really want I do have a copy of 0.89 still kicking around which I could upload, but honestly speaking it's probably not worth it.
I didn't think old .shp files were compatable with BSF anymore either
It's a bit hit and miss, but most should work.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ