Need some on triggers

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Tyrael
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Need some on triggers

Post by Tyrael »

Now before you post, "There are guides to this" which may be true but I haven't found any that relate to how to set a "mouth effect" What I mean is, I want the front section and any related weaponry and sections also to close up after the weapon has lost its target. I know the triggers are Weapon acquired/Lost target, for at least the sections that cover the weapon. What I need to know is how to set the place where it closes to and how to make weapons and sections that are connected to aforementioned sections close with them in one motion. Here's a Pic for reference. Help would be really appreciated.

This is the front section of the ship I need to have the triggers, as you can see the megabeam is the weapon i want covered with the sections to its side.

I also need the sections and weapons circled in red to close and open with the two main sections that they either sit on or are connected to.

Help needed please.
512 letters is not a license to use nearly a dozen lines.

[size=75]Besides, that was even worse than what Melvin had.[/size]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: Need some on triggers

Post by Arcalane »

Tyrael wrote:What I need to know is how to set the place where it closes to and how to make weapons and sections that are connected to aforementioned sections close with them in one motion. Here's a Pic for reference. Help would be really appreciated.
X/Y target. Any child pieces should automatically move when their parents move.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Tyrael
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Tyrael »

I see... Hmm, I'm going to try it now, thanks alot for the help. I guess I'll post again if I fuck it up, like I probably will but thanks in anycase :D.

Tyrael
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Tyrael »

Okay yeh I fucked it up. I got it moving so I'm happy about that but, it keeps moving -.-. The beam would be firing and it would be moving back and forth. How would I fix this?

ed: I also want to have the beam wait till the two front sections are out of the way before firing how is this done as well -.-

thanks

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Perhaps you should read a thread or two and experiment. F11 activates preview mode, and you can use certain keypresses as listed in the manual to simulate events like weapon fire/weapon acquired target/weapon lost target.

As for the beam; use the link delay setting to leave time forl the pieces to have time to get out of the way.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Mak0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mak0 »

Y harlo thar

1. If it keeps moving back and forth then you havent set the trigger off actions. You should have movement reach target/origin (self). This means that they'll stop constantly moving.

2. An alternate to Arcalanes sugestion of link delay (although doesn't work alot of the time :lol:) is to set the weapon offline, then set trigger on/off of the weapon to a section that moves and set mov reach target/origin.