Driver Turret troubleshooting

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Dreamyr
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Driver Turret troubleshooting

Post by Dreamyr »

I'm having a bit of a problem with some turrets on one of my ships. The only turret that I made from scratch(base->driver->linked weapons etc) that works is the one on the center line of the ship. The others on this particular ship for some reason are firing the opposite of their firing arcs as far as I can tell.

I'm 90% sure this isn't cause by an error on my part though it is possible of course that I missed something somewhere but I can't think of what.

Does anybody possibly know what the problem is? until I can get it fixed the ship is relegated to being nothing but eye-candy unfortunately.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Ok, just a guess, but once you made the first turret, did you copy the group, then reverse its direction? Doing this with weapons in the group screws them up because they keep their original firing arc direction. Just redo the guns and manually turn them around(l or j) instead of instantly reversing them(shift l or j), and it will be fine.
Dreamyr
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Dreamyr »

I went and cloned the weapons instead of making them from scratch the first time around. I just went and redid all the turrets from scratch and them mirrored and set the links/drivers.

Tested it out in grinder real quick and it seemed to work for a little bit but then started pulling the same crap or something real similar to the first time around. When I check the firing arcs it looked like the whole freaking arc was moving instead of the turret moving within the arc. I must have screwed up something somewhere but damned if I know where.