Boss Rush: Team BETA

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

I can't inflict ANY damage to that mock up.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
HalfThere
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by HalfThere »

I hope I won't get chastised for posting here, but a comment on the mock-up NLI:

I ran several tests against it, and it's combination of lots of flak and aegis made it extremely hardy (though it's rather weak, offensively).

Note: For the most of the ones that were effective, it was very hard to tell exactly what happened - one minute the NLI would be acting normally, the next moment a huge chunk of the side would blow off, and the whole thing would be hull shocked, followed by a quick death.

Demeters were too vulnerable to flak, and too weak and slow to damage.
Weasels and Tachs could easily swarm and eventually just overwhelm the armor, as described above.
Railguns seemed to pierce the aegis somehow, though I think they just were very effective at working their way through the cracks.
Plasma and dusks, which both should have worked in principle, were thwarted by excessive point defense.
Pulsar and Missile spam both failed due to PD as well.

If I were to guess at this, your NLI's shell isn't airtight, or some mechanism I don't understand is at work here.
[url]http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2546[url]
The Dual Duel tournament!
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

FINAL FORM
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

looks good. like, really good.
so i guess we're going with just pure aegis overload on this? although we don't really know how much hp he's giving the outside aegis, so that could be a problem (re: BIG problem)

also, if anyone has heard anything from mtheminja?
we sort of need something from him, preferably slightly more aegis/deflector-slaying adept.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

aegis is at 350hp

did a recheck, had to move one a tiny little bit.
He lost an eyebrow.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

I think he's talking about the NLI.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Lol. Overstretched doodads FTW.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

They couldn't kill each other, heh.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

lightstriker wrote:also, if anyone has heard anything from mtheminja?.
Sorry; as I said, I can only get on Tue, Wed, Fri. :(

Anyways, two ships:

8 Sprays against the Mothership2 kill it in a couple of minutes with little damage, and it should work well hanging in the back of the fleet. I think weasels were the worst choice to make overpowered in this tourney, as weasels are already better against large targets. Making them essentially half price is rather silly, but we might as well take advantage of it.

The Plea for Death works as a distraction; it can survive the Mothership2 on its own indefinitely as long as it isn't running into walls all the time, and even then, it only takes damage from tachyons. It completely distracts the mothership, especially if it arrives first, so other ships take only minor damage.

I'm thinking of going with the Plea. Any suggestions? (especially in the next few hours, when I can read them)
Last edited by mtheminja on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

mtheminja wrote:8 Sprays against the Mothership2 kill it in a couple of minutes with little damage, and it should work well hanging in the back of the fleet. I think weasels were the worst choice to make overpowered in this tourney, as weasels are already better against large targets. Making them essentially half price is rather silly, but we might as well take advantage of it.
Yeah, in retrospect, the "custom" weapons needed a lot more testing then what I did. As much as I hate having to change rules in the middle of the tournament, it appears I'm going to have to to. :? Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

The Spray's got 8 Revolver weasels.
I'll see if I can slap another one onto lolbaitfish, and you can go with the distractor. Do we really need four distraction ships though?
And...now that there's no more Revolver Weasel...>.<

lightstriker, perhaps you should convert your distractor to a Tracker boat. Then we'd have something to use against the fast boss.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

ok... i'll try and do that in the next five hours... :)
this is gonna be a problem...
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Well, thanks M, you killed the revolver weasel. Thanks. :lol:
Don’t worry it has airbags.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

why would you post about how good it is? seriously...gohd...nub
:)
but in all honesty, i've remade it into a tracker/railgun boat boat, with slightly better turn times. We're still gonna be f'ed on the neon light illusion, but as he already demonstrated that the neon light can't pierce 350 hp aegis's, we'll probably get a fluke kill eventually off of somthing or another (mb aidanadv's charges?).
tell me if i should go pure tracker ('till some idiot talks about how imba they are *cough*) or stay 1/2 and 1/2

edit: rofl-fail... okay... the dl will be up in a second. also, tracker's are based off of beamer's right? because i don't know of any weapon called laser? (unless it's megalaser?)

edit2: here ya go:
shp
sb3
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

If you're using trackers, you don't need to boost turning.
Damn it, I'm converting the lolbaitfish into another plasma boat!

I present the lolplasmafish.

GET!

It utterly raped (the Test MS) with absolutely no losses, however, I'm not sure if its point totals are correct, due to me forgetting how much revolver weasels cost (I assumed they cost 6).
Also, I'm not sure if this will rape the NLI mockup even.