Boss Rush: Team BETA

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

So, the massive tail is no more? Also, I don't think sections can be shrunk that small. You have a maximum of 3 resizes, up or down. Though going up you must scale the other axis down.
darkkai64
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by darkkai64 »

- Sections can be resized a maximum of 3 times, but for every expansion, it must be shrunk in the opposite direction. So, you can expand the length but you will have to shrink the width for every expansion. If you plan on shrinking something, you don't have to expand it. Aegis'd sections may NOT be modified.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

darkkai64 wrote:
- Sections can be resized a maximum of 3 times, but for every expansion, it must be shrunk in the opposite direction. So, you can expand the length but you will have to shrink the width for every expansion. If you plan on shrinking something, you don't have to expand it. Aegis'd sections may NOT be modified.
Resized 3 times. Regardless of shrinking or expanding.
So yeah, you can just shrink it, but only thrice.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

...k didn't know that.

*sigh*
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Note to Beta teammates: The Heliotrope Mk II may not be following section shrinking rules, and I'm also planning on changing its armament in Mk III. Most likely I'll be spamming gatblasters for their point-blank firepower (instead of beamers with their ridiculous DPS by comparison), especially when the boss's PD is being distracted by the other ships, and it doesn't notice this tiny thing kicking its ass. I also need to change its maxspeed/accel balance, I think I assigned too little acceleration on Mk II: 8 of them vs MS2 wasn't a pretty fight. But rest assured the ship will stay that small, or won't really change in size.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Oh, no worries. lolbaitfish will handle the PD. 7 Revolver Weasels = shitload of submunitions. Especially since we will have two Revolver Weasel boats, PD distraction will be fine.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Master Chief wrote:Note to Beta teammates: The Heliotrope Mk II may not be following section shrinking rules, and I'm also planning on changing its armament in Mk III. Most likely I'll be spamming gatblasters for their point-blank firepower (instead of beamers with their ridiculous DPS by comparison), especially when the boss's PD is being distracted by the other ships, and it doesn't notice this tiny thing kicking its ass. I also need to change its maxspeed/accel balance, I think I assigned too little acceleration on Mk II: 8 of them vs MS2 wasn't a pretty fight. But rest assured the ship will stay that small, or won't really change in size.
No balls of mining beams huh? Also, the quadblasters have higher DPS.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

What should I do with my 5 extra points?

Name: Boxale
HP: 400
Speed: 2.40 (16)
Turning: 0.96 (8)
AI Range: 200
Accel: 0.16 (8)
Number of sections: 18 (18pts)
Total HP(after base): 2000 (10pts)

Weapon List:
Dusk (3)
Point Beam (2)
Module List:
Aegis X 3: (18)
Lancelet X 2: (12)
=95
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Are we still trying to do it without lancets?
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Heh. Well, the AI range I'm setting will put the lancet shots inside of the aegis boss, so I'll keep lancets on.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

antisocialmunky wrote:Are we still trying to do it without lancets?
Now that you bring it up, is everyone willing to modify your ships to include lancets in your modules list? After watching simulations of 8 of my ships vs MS2 a couple of times, I think lancet spam can be a viable solution to disable as many weapons as possible to let us have an easier time. Like what Team Alpha did during ATM, and it did work out successfully. Well, most of the time we were engaged in combat. :P
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

But its lame. Its not even a fight and its boring to watch your ships blow up a ball of high HP sections.

I rather not use them, they make motherships too easy.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

antisocialmunky wrote:But its lame. Its not even a fight and its boring to watch your ships blow up a ball of high HP sections.
Boring, yes, but a workable and viable solution to our ships getting raped. :roll:
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Build better ships. Delta's beam ships could beat the mothership without whoring lancets.

I'm not opposed to one or two lancets. But seriously, there's no strategy involved and I'm not putting them on my ship.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

antisocialmunky wrote:
Master Chief wrote:Note to Beta teammates: The Heliotrope Mk II may not be following section shrinking rules, and I'm also planning on changing its armament in Mk III. Most likely I'll be spamming gatblasters for their point-blank firepower (instead of beamers with their ridiculous DPS by comparison), especially when the boss's PD is being distracted by the other ships, and it doesn't notice this tiny thing kicking its ass. I also need to change its maxspeed/accel balance, I think I assigned too little acceleration on Mk II: 8 of them vs MS2 wasn't a pretty fight. But rest assured the ship will stay that small, or won't really change in size.
No balls of mining beams huh? Also, the quadblasters have higher DPS.
Quadblasters are harder to fit onto a ship.