Boss Rush: Team BETA

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Boss Rush: Team BETA

Post by AidanAdv »

Well, since Alpha already put up its thread might as well make one for ourselves.

PM List
AidanAdv
Master Chief
antisocialmunky
mtheminja
Droid
BoVinE
Jafo
Lightstriker

TEAM BETA FTW!

Ships:
AidanAdv- The Torpedo Boat

DL here:http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... at_MKI.shp

Droid- lolbaitfish
DL Here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... itfish.rar

lightstriker- Diverter1
Dl here:http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... erter1.shp

Mtheminja- Plea for Death
Dl here:http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... _Death.shp

Antisocialmonkey- BoxOguns
Dl here:http://files.filefront.com/BoxOGunsshp/ ... einfo.html

Jafo- Chlorine
Dl here: http://www.mediafire.com/?j2j3y391djc

Master Chief- The Heliotrope MKIV
Dl here:http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... _Mk_IV.zip

BoVinE- The Boxale
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... Boxale.shp

The Team formation:http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... mation.enc
Last edited by AidanAdv on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Ninteen45
Commander
Commander

Post by Ninteen45 »

Sticking my nose in.

I can't wait for the competition.

And, some Sporting words...

WE WILL CRUSH YOU LIKE ANTS! :twisted:

Have fun!
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Please leave, noob.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Ninteen45
Commander
Commander

Post by Ninteen45 »

I'm just having a joke.

Jeez, don't be offended by the word bra now...
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I am offended.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

sigh... anyhoo, we should probably come up with some sort of team strategy so as to avoid getting crushed (see:Destroy the Juggernaut)

in any case, is there anyone on the team who really has experience with these kind of things? (edit: yeah, just read the list... there are people... would anyone just like to be a general organizer?)
Oh, and just a general note, someone slap Ninteen45 for me... thanks...
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Lets just do it the way we did it for Mothership 2. We develop our own ships, post them, and give general critiques. When most everyone has submitted a ship, we discuss how to put the fleet together and what ships need changing.

One thing needs to be addressed though... Do you guys want to win with lancets or without? I'm more partial to without seeing as my team in MS2 did a lancet win.

PS. At some point in time I'm going to go build a mock up of the Aegis whore boss. If anyone else wants to, go for it.

*First Thoughts
We will need a ship armed with plasma charges that stays far away or a tachyon ship that moves in very close for the Aegis Whore. Blasters are uber cheap and should be looked at. PD is pretty cheap too.

We should have one or two distractor ships armed with lancets(if we decide so) or rails.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

no idea for lancets (should definately not be my decision :wink: )
i'll try and throw together a VERY rough draft of a ship now, probably going to go with (and this might be VERY stupid) a railgun build, mostly just for picking off weapons. if this is a bad idea PLEASE tell me now.
edit: alright, i'll work on one of the distractor/rail ships.
and, just noticing, aegis costs like jack squat (relative to many other tournaments)... lol... which almost definately means that these bosses (or at least some of them) are going to have a way to deal with aegis whores...
edit2: umm... did he mean to make it that light railcannons deal 75 damage per hit? cus that's what he did, which allows me to throw together a ship that deals 1500 railgun damage, with 3 shot clipsize... and still have 20 points left over... wtf, unless i'm missing somthing reallllllyyyy obvious?
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

lancetlessWin++;

Re the custom weapons: Neither of the beams seem a good idea, unless you really need a 360 coverage beam (tracker). The assault tachyons seem a very good idea for our tach ships (double the fire rate at the cost of a range reduction for the same price as a stock, so don't use stock or mega tachs), while the revolver weasel is ludicrously good (it boils down to quadruple the shots at only double the price). The others are essentially stock balanced in terms of cost. The notables are:

The railgun, which can't actually pierce anything, so it works like a hard to intercept blaster.
The rockets, for PD breaking.
Twin cannon, for speedy shots.
And the dusk, for Aegis/Deflector busting.

Thoughts? I think we shouldn't be too independant at first...
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

well, in order to do really well we definatly need some sort of weapon killing (just going flat out for the sections often fails as far as i can tell). Also, at least one ship is going to want to try and just epic pwn the aegis thing...
Does anyone know how exactly ships determine target priority? because if it goes by proximity an idea might be to set up a very fast heavily armored ship...
And, judging by your comments about the light railcannon, i'll just go with the normal railguns.
also, apparently at least one of the enemy ships has lancet's, so we'll have to be carefull about that...
the one that he describes as "requiring dentistry" scares the buhjeesus out of me... lol... anyone know what he means by that?

alright, i just threw together one of the most bsed ships i've ever done...
of course, all the objects and stats seem to more or less work, just needs general tweaking. Should i post it up (i doubt they're going to steal it, there's no great ideas to it anyway) or what?
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

... Does anyone realize how much retarded DPS the dusk has?

35 DPS. If it wasn't as interceptable, then it would be broken.

Also, the Tracker replaces you 8, 11, or, 20 points in turning. Its slightly economical and can aquire targets very easily due to its ridiculous turning.

Both are a little imbalanced. I'm split between a Dusk plinker or a tracker battleship.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

yeah, but two things:
one: pure dps is going to be more or less worthless against the majority of the ships here. They're BOSSES. as such, expect them to have tons of hp and LOTS of pd. Either overwhelm their pd, or aim for their weak spots. Dusk, though good at damage, will probably do neither.
Also, for the tracker, same problem. Extremely good in ship on ship perhaps, nigh worthless on most bosses. We're not going to be missing them, and if they get behind us we're probably f-ed anyway.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

I was thinking of making a tachyon boat that warps (with dieterling) on top of the enemy. Assault tachyons would work even better. Though this design will only be useful against Neon Light Illusion.

Enemy lancets shouldn't be much of a threat.

We could always make a Pulsar Boat or two as PD distraction if we're going to massively spam dusks. :twisted:
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

lightstriker wrote:yeah, but two things:
one: pure dps is going to be more or less worthless against the majority of the ships here. They're BOSSES. as such, expect them to have tons of hp and LOTS of pd. Either overwhelm their pd, or aim for their weak spots. Dusk, though good at damage, will probably do neither.
Also, for the tracker, same problem. Extremely good in ship on ship perhaps, nigh worthless on most bosses. We're not going to be missing them, and if they get behind us we're probably f-ed anyway.
... Doubting beams in fleet situations results in FAIL.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

it's not a fleet situation. It's 8-1, not 8-8. That's my point. I would rather have the extra range than the 360 degree coverage, because if the boss get's behind you YOU"RE DEAD ANYWAY

edit: very true droid, and that could be cute. Is there anyway to get the boat to warp right on top of the enemy? also, my one worry is that that might be a ship that's nigh worthless against all but the aegis, which doesn't seem like it'll be one of the harder ones...
also, does a range calculate based off of the core? because, if so, wouldn't it be a valid plan to create 8 dieterling boats that all warp right onto the core...? that could be fun...
probably reaaaalllllyyyy stupid though.
Last edited by lightstriker on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.