Internal Strife;; Destroy the Insurrection!

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

What would be best for the next encounter?

Yeah! Ataraxian Battle Royale!
67%
I feel evil! Insurrection FTW!
33%
No! No more! My eyes bleed!
No votes

Total votes: 3

DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Internal Strife;; Destroy the Insurrection!

Post by DeathsHand »

My first encounter, yay! It was lag-tastic on my PC, but it should run better on most others. The beginning is a little rough, I came away with only three survivors, but you should get some reinforcements if you manage to endure...

::Urgent Message from Des'Mathar ansible station-067::
Lt. Commander Joseph Amrie wrote:Urgent Message to 7th Royal Armada:
Just moments ago, La'Meka, sovereign world of the Karion, was overtaken by Insurrection forces. Reports are sketchy at best, but casualties are estimated in the tens of millions. The capitol has been completely destroyed, and youth are being harvested by the rebels as we speak...
Lt. Commander Joseph Amrie wrote:Urgent Message to 7th Royal Armada:
My god, is anyone on this thing?! Two hours ago, several stations appeared out of sub-space, and the Insurrection is receiving reinforcements at this very moment. Two freedom class vessels have just appeared...Dear god, they have the Righteous Fury... They seem to be harvesting the weapons systems...What the...two more ships have just entered La'Meka orbit...Beam ships, I've never seen them before, they must be new. If anyone is listening to this godforsaken frequency, answer dammit! I can't use the public channels, they'll spot us...
7th Royal Armada to ansible-067 wrote:Response to Lt. Amrie:
Lieutenant, we're on our way. We're currently three clicks south of Karion world Iridis, and we should arrive within the day. Stay tight, and for god's sake, keep your heads down. Their sensors must be antiquated at best, or you'd be dead by now.

From ansible-067:
We need you here now! More and more are arriving, every minute you wait more show. Our long range sensors indicate several large ships en route from the outer radius. As well, several Serendibite freighters have been captured. They exited sub-space just after our last transmission and were captured by the Insurrection. God help us if they get their hands on those crystals. There's enough there to wipe out an entire planet, let alone a Whisper class....
Response to Lt. Amrie:
Understood. We're in contact with the 607th planetary defense corps. They're close enough to meet you in less than twenty minutes. Hold tight, they may not be much, but if they can help you long enough, you may just survive yet. As well, the Omnipotent Destroyer, a Vesper class ship, should be there with the 32nd fighter wing, but currently an event horizon is delaying them, and they need time to navigate around it.
::Relay to 607th Commander::

Commander, your task is simple, but one of the utmost inmortance to the Ataraxian Empire. The insurrection, bloodthirsty revolutionaries at best, have overrun La'Meka space and are attempting to harvest the planet's youth for service in their militia. But of far greater concern is their acquisition of an Imperatrix class destroyer, along with several shipments of precious serendibite. If they are allowed to continue, they may become a direct threat to Universitas itself. The Archon has authorized the full use of force against these beasts, and you have his blessings to let not one of the mongrels live to see the light of another day. Your forces are few, and theirs are many. Take heed to protect the lives of your men, but remember, if this battle is lost, millions more will perish under the Insurrection's vengeance.

Currently, they have not discovered the location of the ansible station, but we fear it is only a matter of time until they attack. If the ansible is captured, even it's ruins, the Insurrection may very well gain access to our communications network. A Vesper class destroyer is on it's way, but it won't arrive in time. You must attack as soon as possible. Be warned however; the Insurrection seems to have captured several of our weapons systems from an Imperatrix class destroyer salvaged by them a day earlier. As well, they have installed on their ships outdated but deadly Ataraxian weapons, making even their smallest of craft extremely lethal. Godspeed commander, we'll be there as soon as possible...

::Mission Goals::
-Survive
-Protect the ansible at all costs
-Destroy the salvaged Imperatrix
-Destroy the captured serendibite freighters
-Eliminate All Hostile Threats
-Astrum Imperium must survive

::Allied/Controlled Ship Classes
-Some of the ships in your control-

-Hann Type IV PD-C-A
-Kraesp Missile Boat
-Mysis Frigate
-Katar Fighter
-Hasta class Destroyer
-Astrum Imperium class Beam Destroyer/7th Armada Command

::Tips::
-If you must leave the ansible unprotected, you may use the aegis powered solar panels on the Solar Harvester as an emergency defense shield. As well, the Solar Harvester is PD heavy, but completely vulnerable to flanking beamer ships.
-Though small, your missile boats are your friends, try not to lose them.
-Insurrection Carriers are completely defenseless alone, missiles away!
-The Mysis operates best at long range, but if it's an emergency requiring PD, bring her in close to give an extra boost in Point Beam coverage.
-When nearing the captured Imperatrix, beware it's amarok missiles. They fire in salvos of 25, are long range, and deal a great amount of damage.
-Insurrection Freedom class Frigates are pests. They'll try to lure your AI ships away, leaving your player ships unprotected. You've been warned...

607th Planetary Defense Corps-

Insurrection Base of Operations-

Here be the encounter-
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... pers-1.rar
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I'm having fun with this...but I saw something and wanted to make sure; your ships have point defense beams that are substantially thicker than normal and colored brightly. I have had no luck doing this...Was that what I saw or was it just random beam fire? I didn't get zoomed in in time to see.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

I just modified the outer color to be as bright green as green can get. I've tried darker colors, and they don't show very well. I'm not sure about the thickness, however.

Code: Select all

weapon|PointBeam|180|1|10|-1|-1|-1|350|-1|-1|Xq3-A Event Horizon CIWS|-1|-1|65280|-1|-1|-1|-1|1|1
Old encounter is rather old, and still uses my outdated diamondships. I've learned from this several things NOT to do, at least. I might add a second installment when my newer variants of the bluediamondships are finished, and the enemy ships after that...
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝