Galaxy in Flames

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Galaxy in Flames

Post by AidanAdv »

Galaxy in Flames
---------------------------------------
The Arcan Republic has long stood for the ideals of peace, justice, and equality. They only use force only if attacked, and even after being attacked they will try as hard as possible to achieve peace through diplomacy. In stark contrast to the Arcan is the Byssian Empire. They are a violent race with a bloody history. They have conquered, enslaved, and then "cleansed" dozens of other civilizations. There has been tension between the Byssian Empire and the Arcan Republic. The Arcan and Byssians signed a non-aggression pact, but the Byssians have worked around and even completely ignored parts of the treaty since its signing. The Arcan Defense Forces Intelligence Agency believes that the Byssians are preparing a large fleet to attack them. All across the Arcan Republic Defense Units are being mobilized and those already active are begining long range patrols and Hyperspace sensors are being placed along the border. War is coming.
Let the Galaxy burn!

Book: Imperial

Chapter: Striking the Balance

Zero Hour-
Commander, the attack we have feared is finally coming. At 700 SGT the border sensors detected a large force of Byssian warships. The majority of the ships are taking Hyperspace routes toward Arca. We have prepared as best we can. Our defense network is up and all available reinforcements are on their way. http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... o_Hour.zip

Fire From The Sky-
Sir, ADFI has sent us new images of Decan, one of the 13 worlds taken by the Byssian assault.

Code: Select all

Transmission from ADFI HQ----
Password?_**********
Password Accepted_
         Commander Falon, a spie drone has taken images of a large platform being constructed in orbit of Decan. After ananlysis of the images and intercepted communications we believe the purpose of the platform is to "cleanse" Decan.This platform must be destoyed before it is completed.  All life on Decan depends on it.
End Transmission_
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... _Skies.zip

A New Threat- Sir, a small refueling station in the Kitzin asteroid field has come under attack. Before the attack we recieved this transmission:

Code: Select all

By decree of the Terran Alliance Governing Authority a State of War now exists between the Terran Alliance and the Arcan Repulic.  The Byssians have told us of the Arcan's unjust aggression toward their people.  We agree with them that a pre-emptive strike was the only way of dealing with the threat posed by the Arcan military buildup. We will show solidarity with the Byssian Empire and help them protect their homeland. The 1st Terran Alliance Expentionary Force, under the command of Admiral Alan Bradley, is being sent to aid the Byssians in their struggle. We hope to bring a quick end to this conflict.
It is obvious from this transmission that the Byssians have lied to these "Terrans". Our experts have traced the signal to a small planet orbiting a star named Sol. We hope to be able to contact the Terrans and explain that the Byssians have lied. For now we are being sent to help defend the refueling station.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... Threat.zip

Beating the Blockade- It appears the Terran Alliance isn't interested in "cleansing" us or invasion. We beleive the Terrans either do not have enough troops for a planetary invasion, or they don't have enough transports to move them. However, they have enough ships to have blockaded Novus II. Novus II is an industrial world which depends on food imports from surrounding worlds. We need both the industrial capacity of Novus and to save the millions of live that would perish without the food. The ADFI experts aren't sure if the Byssians will come to help the Terrans.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ockade.zip
Last edited by AidanAdv on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:48 am, edited 10 times in total.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

I have a question. How do i play it when there's only some text :o
i don't really know. plz tell meh :D
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

you know, I don't either. I gonna change that to a .zip

Edit: fixed
Last edited by AidanAdv on Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

Good :D:D:D
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

I see a lot of effort! V.good! :D
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

I just started playing your encounter, as in, I'm literally 'in the middle of it' right now. I just had to say that I love your ship design. Have you taken any influence from Warhammer/ Battlefleet Gothic? The Hope and Bringer of light definitely look Imperial.
It's awesome!

Going to finish it now.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

I play warhammer 40k, but not Battlefleet gothic. I didn't try to make 40k ships, exept maybe on a subconscious level.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Zero Hour is epic. The massive fleet-on-fleet battle, the overwhelming enemy assault and finally the timely reinforcements which just managed to turn the tide of battle :)

Downloading other encounters now.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Galactic Civilizations (PC game)

Cookie?
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Cookie for you.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

I find that the smaller Arcan ships are too weak and too slow to be of any real use. The allied ships drop like flies in Fire from the Sky and the player controlled ones are pretty much unnecessary in A New Threat. The Bringer of Light eats those Terrans for breakfast fortunately, but the Byssians not so much. Good encounters though, but not nearly as great as the first mission.
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

I like the first two, haven't tried the third one yet. Zero Hour is ... hard. Definitely still awesome, though. Trying the third one now!

*edit*

I just played the third one, and I have to say that it's great as well. Maybe add another wave at the end, but the way it escalates is great. You've timed the arrival of the enemy forces and allied ships very well.
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

The Blockade one is damn tough... my allies all were roasted... And the Byssians werent really helpful to me. ARGH!
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

You're way outnumbered in Blockade. I take back anything I said about Terrans being wimpy. Their ships are on par with Arcan ships, each destroyer is roughly the same as one Hope, but there are so many Terran ships. The reinforcements don't manage to do much either since they're too busy with the Byssians and even with the reinforcements the Terrans still outnumber the Arcans. Its different from fighting the Byssians since their capital ships have glaring weaknesses in the rear.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Well, all of them were pretty easy tbh... apart from the Blockade, lol. Still not worked out how to win there. All the allies drop like flies, and the reinforcements not only get wtfpwned, but are easily out matched by near simultaneous enemy reinforcements. I don't know if there's supposed to be additional friendly reinforcements, but I didn't manage to stick around long enough to find out, even on my third attempt...

So yeah, nice encounters, they are pretty well made and the ships are ok. I personally like a bit more length to encounters, and the Blockade seems a bit rediculous (though maybe I'm missing something), but otherwise nice job.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]