Battle of Hestia Hiss vs Lupin (Custom ships by D00D!)

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

D00D!
Commander
Commander

Battle of Hestia Hiss vs Lupin (Custom ships by D00D!)

Post by D00D! »

This is a tutorial to the use of the Hiss fleet, it teaches you tactics and unique usage of the Hiss Fleet

Download link is here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... _Lupin.zip

EDIT:
Balanceing issues complete, now the difficultly is harder and the fight more intense. It is highly advised to fight the first one since it is handicapped in your favour.

Download link is here:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... n_HARD.zip

Tips:
Sidewinders are aimed to the side, run your ships parrallel (Like broadsideing) to fire.

Bomber issues fixed, now if you want them to behave like artillery, press F, click on victim and they will bombard the enermy. Simply right click to order them to charge and bomb the enermy.

Lupin ships have incrediable firepower at the front. Avoid direct confrontation at all cost!

Enermy ships take time to jump in, take advantage and surrond them before the battle starts!

Finally, the difficulty level is significantly higher! Don't give up when you lose, there is an epic space battle at the end for you to enjoy!
Last edited by D00D! on Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wolfbrother
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wolfbrother »

Sorry but your Hiss' weapons are easily too powerful they just have veyr little tracking ability so you have to wait for the Lupin to run across the firing line which they do at ridiculously high speeds. I like the look of the ships thoug \and the general idea is quite good.
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

That's weird, the Lupin's ships usually have better AI....

In anycase, I'm glad you found out more on Hiss Play style :)

This particular encounter isn't terribly hard, it serves to highlight the Hiss's ships strengths (Making massive ion storms) and their weaknesses (No direct fire weapons)

Both fleets are actually quite balanced but throw in a human player and the computer is easily sqaushed.
Elvin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Elvin »

The engagement range of the bombers is messed up- they kept trying to charge down the capital ships. I just had to leave them at the back and manually make them face the enemy.
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

That's because Tau Cannons are relatively low damaging, the Bombers can do a whole lot more damage when they charge, fire a storm of ion cannons and then run away.
As to why they don't face the enermy, well this one i have no idea. You didn't accidentally switch their ai to flanking right?

BTW: I think i gave the user a bit too many bombers, thats why they look like they supposed to be standing back and firing instead of charging and well bombing >_< Besides, Tau Cannons, don't have to be charged contray to popular myth, it just doesn't look as good if your running all over the dammn place.

The Lupin Fleet engagement will be out by this week. It will be slightly harder than this one since I assume you already know enough to start fighting.