New NEN vs IVL

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

goduranus
Captain
Captain

New NEN vs IVL

Post by goduranus »

download temporarily removed

Found Lizzie's balanced set of SM3 fleet, decided to give a go at making a encounter.

The story is this:

People's Republic of New Eden Starforce (PRNES) decide to lure IVL main fleet at Planet Reiness II in a decisive engagement.

To accomplish this, a small recon detachment is sent to attack an IVL listening post on the outskirts of the Reiness system, along with other targets of opportunity.

Photo of the target area

This attack will likely draw attention from the nearby IVL patrols, the PRNES main fleet will hold position outside sensor range while the Recon detachment engage. Reinforcements will be sent in as necessary to maintain local superiority.

PRNES Shade fighter

Upon seeing the demise of their system patrol, the IVL is speculated to reinforce Reiness II space with their primary mobile fleet. Once IVL reinforcement is sighted, the PRNES reinforcement will also arrive.

Good Luck!
Last edited by goduranus on Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
goduranus
Captain
Captain

Post by goduranus »

pictures:

PRES "Shade" fighter goes boom, while Leopard Cruiser advanced on the flank of IVL destroyers.

Action, Zoomed way out

The Chaos of battle

IVL Reinforcements

UFO?
elecboy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by elecboy »

Yay I'm playin' in a movie. Even though I despise being the player, try to give the person plaing more control. Quite frankly, I feel left out. Other than that I like it.
Defiance is key. WTF? What The Fish?
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

permission is a wonderful thing.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

So, your months of leave haven't changed anything regarding your style of forum interaction. You must be -really- bitter.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
goduranus
Captain
Captain

Post by goduranus »

me?
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

No kidding. Be nice if you also did background research regarding territories as well.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
goduranus
Captain
Captain

Post by goduranus »

what, lizzie's ships look nice, there's no territory involved.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Alright where to start. I think I'll start with the fact you used my fleet in an encounter of your own without my permission. Yea see, even though the download was open to the public. I have a problem with you my ships as the punching bag in your little encounter and you never asked to use them in the first place.

2ndly your using my Stock-Balanced ships which are not canon in the fiction of the IVL. Meaning that, if your little fleet was worth a damn I'd be pissed off because you would have just botched up the new time line I set up. :roll:

So to sum this post up, your a fuckwit. Not only did you snag my fleet and use it for an encounter without my permission, but you also could have fucked up my timeline if I cared about you killing my stock balanced ships enough.

Ya know I might just be arsed to go find your old fleet's files and download em so I could slaughter the whole lot of NEN with my new fleet. How would you like that? Yea I think I'll go do that.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

I would also like to note that no matter what happens in your duel, there is no "decisive engagement." So far as I can remember, New Eden was a single peaceful world that converted itself to a military star-nation within the last ~20 in-character years. Resultant flash-expansion and armament would render what exists of New Eden weak and sluggish, and definitely unable to compete with a major star-nation such as the IVL.
goduranus
Captain
Captain

Post by goduranus »

That's serious RP you doing. I can't understand it. I wouldn't mind if you make an encounter that blows up my whole fleet and post it here, as long as it's not degrading sort of encounter(as in not totally one sided). I thought these encounters posts were meant do display big battles for the sake of spectacle, rather than have any real consequence.

I apologize, Lizze.

It'd be great if you give me permission to leave this encounter here, which will have no consequence on your timeline. Otherwise I can always make a Communist vs Loyalist encounter to display the new ships.
Last edited by goduranus on Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
elecboy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by elecboy »

Paradox?
Defiance is key. WTF? What The Fish?
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

goduranus wrote: I apologize, Lizze.

It'd be great if you give me permission to leave this encounter here, which will have no consequence on your timeline. Otherwise I can always make a Communist vs Loyalist encounter to display the new ships.
I'd rather the latter.