20 VS 20 Team Fleet Tournament - Phase 1 due June 20th

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I'm okay with it.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Count me in. Time to abuse the game mechanics again.
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

I'm so in on this one. Hell, I might even go in on a one-man team depending on when the due date is...
[/post]
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

If the due date is after 20th of june, I will go on a team on my own. But im in.
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

I've already got a fleet. It's virtually indestructible.

EDIT: These rules are stupid. I got an indestructible aegis bunker. What the heck.
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

I doubt you have anything other than an unarmed brick which is nevertheless breakable. I've done a lot of experimenting with Aegis busters and unless you're at least 120hp per section and those sections entirely encompass your ship you're still going to get cracked open by the 20 opposing ships looking to rip you apart. It's not hard to build a ship which is capable of dealing 60+dpf, and when you potentially have 20 of them...

Of course, it might be practical to put an upper limit on how many times you can increase the Aegis hp in any case.
Last edited by Daxx on Thu May 29, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/post]
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Daxx wrote:I doubt you have anything other than an unarmed brick which is nevertheless breakable. I've done a lot of experimenting with Aegis busters and unless you're at least 80/100hp per section and those sections entirely encompass your ship you're still going to get cracked open by the 20 opposing ships looking to rip you apart.

Of course, it might be practical to put an upper limit on how many times you can increase the Aegis hp in any case.
200hp per section. I said, I made a goddamn aegis bunker, and I still got stuff to spare for it's armaments.
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

I bet I can still crack that.

*goes off to experiment*
[/post]
Anna

Post by Anna »

You'd need 10 aegis targeting a single section to make a 200hp aegised section... and Plasmas could still break through that.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Anna wrote:You'd need 10 aegis targeting a single section to make a 200hp aegised section... and Plasmas could still break through that.
I have 10 aegis targeting a single section.

And I have rear gravitic impeders near the center of the bunker.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Hah. This system is so goddamn broken. :lol: Your way of breaking it is different from the one I was going to use, and even more effective. I think I'm going to drop out. The system is even more flawed than I suspected, and I really don't have the patience for it, anyway.
Quality Control Enforcer
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

What were you going to do?

The disadvantage of a multiship bunker is that it's immobile; so I was going to arm it with Demeter Pod Launchers to hit any targets. It is also semi-vulnerable to idiots on kamikaze runs.
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Shall we give the guy time to address these problems? Despite the fact that I don't think 200HP is invulnerable it does appear to be an unintended consequence and you guys should let him fix it before dropping out. Every tourney goes through a little tweaking as people sign up and point out the mistakes.

EDIT: Confirmed. 200hp successfully busted.
EDIT2: 300hp successfully busted, though with a little difficulty.
Last edited by Daxx on Thu May 29, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/post]
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

What did you bust it with?

100 beamers?
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Anarki wrote:100 beamers?
More like projectile weaponry.