20 VS 20 Team Fleet Tournament - Phase 1 due June 20th

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

You should suggest it in the main forum. A more accurate depiction of this would be [Section HP(Along with children sections)/Total Remaining HP] * Max Speed or something.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Actually, when a section is destroyed, it doesn't fly away at max speed. It uses some other formula that I can't figure out. Anyways, my testing shows it would be very difficult to use, and a normal fleet would likely massacre it. If you send me a ship that can defeat any other type of ship people make, then I'll change it, but I highly doubt that will happen.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Well... mainly it just makes it hard to land consecutive hits.

PS. Upon futher testing, the PB bug might have something to do with AI, if you run into it, change to Flanking AI and then back or just keep it on Flanking. It seems to fix it.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

NEWS TIME:

The next due date is on the 6th, when you must have a teaser pic posted somewhere in the forum for publicity (let me know where). Look at this for an example. Note that it can be a prototype and fuzzied/inverted/whatever, and it doesn't lock you into using that ship or anything. It's just to get more interest. Also, any other advertising you want to do would be great. I don't mind people joining your team after the first phase, but try and get them sooner rather than later anyways.

The first phase due date will be on the 20th. You must PM me a zip containing all the .sb3 and .shp files for your normal ships. Also, describe clearly in the PM the members and name of your team, and how many of each ship you are using. Try not to use more than 5 of the same ship, although I'll allow it unless the fleet looks unreasonable. I'll try to get a program that checks if your ships follow some of the basic rules to make checking easier. Remember, the sooner you send it to me, the sooner I can get verifying.
goduranus
Captain
Captain

Post by goduranus »

Yey, count me in as a single fleet too. I gotta ask though, can your computer handle it? It's gonna be around 3000 sections counting ships on both side, judging by your point system.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

It should be able to, but even if it can't, I can run them on university computers which will easily do it.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

goduranus wrote:Yey, count me in as a single fleet too. I gotta ask though, can your computer handle it? It's gonna be around 3000 sections counting ships on both side, judging by your point system.
3000? That's an average of 75 pieces per ship (40 ships total). Unlikely, if not impossible.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

..And I thought Razzle Dazzle would make it a nightmare. Our ships average like... 6-12 sections before we go bankrupt.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to make more 'normal' ships? All our ships are a little wacky.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

antisocialmunky wrote:..And I thought Razzle Dazzle would make it a nightmare. Our ships average like... 6-12 sections before we go bankrupt.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to make more 'normal' ships? All our ships are a little wacky.
Hehe. Tris vs. RazzleDazzle lags the hell out of even my almost-new computer.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Here's a prototype. It was working well until it accidentally collided with an unfriendly astronomical object resembing a green mouse cursor and was unfortunately destroyed.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

antisocialmunky wrote:Image

Here's a prototype. It was working well until it accidentally collided with an unfriendly astronomical object resembing a green mouse cursor and was unfortunately destroyed.
Damn, those mini radioactive star destroyers are deadly, aren't they?
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

For those who don't have their own thread or a teammates in the Custom Ships forum, see if another player can post yours for you. You could say that it's a spy's data on the enemy. That, or I could make a thread for all the pics that don't get posted there.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

A preproduction blueprint of the Astrid.

[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Ukomalkaizio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ukomalkaizio »

The creator of the boats could not find the blueprints in time for the teaser deadline, as he had a client to tend to. In lieu of a teaser, he sends in drawings of the boats done by his 5-year old daughter, Marisa:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m196 ... earold.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m196 ... a5-yea.jpg

1200+ pixel long post is kind of rude, I think. Hence, the links.
If dolphins are so smart, then how come they get caught in those fishing nets all the time?