Halo: Fall of Harvest

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Worth a Sequel?

Yes - Playing as Covrenant again
No votes
Yes - Playing as the Humans
56%
Maybe - Need to work on balance first
22%
Meh, that was good enough
11%
No! Oh dear God that was abysmal! Please, just leave the encounter maker alone you poor depraved loon!
11%

Total votes: 9

Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

Wicky_42 wrote:ladies, please keep it clean.

I like Halo too spacejunkie - what a coincidence, heh.

Master Chief there was a battle at Harvest - that was where the Covenant were first encountered. There's an official book about it, but I'm not sure I've read it... think I read the other two, heh.

Mjolnir, I know I took liberties with the Halcyon class, but I wanted a bit of variation in the Human fleets (that was before I learnt the the Covenant only have two class of capital ships...).
The aegis'd sections could be a good idea, but then you loose some of the uniqueness of the ship and it kinda becomes another generic armoured behemoth, albeit a kinda small one... Perhaps a combination of aegis and shields, so the missile spam will deal insignificant damage until a few MAC rounds have broken through. That would add more depth to human tactics perhaps... I could also have weaker rear shields to encourage the use of frigates. Yeah, I'll do some experiments with this system. Thanks for the constructive feedback, Mjolnir :)
Im sure there is more than 2 types of covenant ship. Theres the carrier, battlecruiser, cruiser destroyer, frigate, stealth corvette and the assault carrier.
Here: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Covenant#Covenant_Starships
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

thanks for that link, Mjolnir. I guess I mean that there were only pictures of two Covenant ship classes, and I was only familiar with two, though I know about the stealth corvette.

The battleship sounds the most interesting - larger than the BC, no plasma torps but 12 'energy projectors' - which the BC should feature 1 of.

I might redo the weapon loadouts a little, introducing the energy projectors for the Covenant and Shiva (nuclear?) missiles for the humans. Definitely going to add the Battleship... sounds like it's gonna kick some ass with 12 energy turrets... and people have voted for the next mission to be UNSC controlled :twisted:
Wolfbrother
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wolfbrother »

I need more encounters lol. Sorry but I have played this amny times and feel the need for more. Also are you going to change the halcyons so they only fire 1 mac cannon round per burst instead of 3?
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

No, I'll keep the Halcyons as they are cos otherwise they're just a slightly weaker version of the Marathon and pretty boring as an alternative. I gave them the triple burst on purpose for more potential tactical depth.

I've recoloured all the ships and added a few sections of ablative armour - you can see the results in the custom ship thread here http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2254... lol, seems like the community likes to see quality ship building, not just fun gameplay - not that I blame them/you. I've just finished work on a beauty pageant submission, so my next project will be a second Halo encounter (just for you, Wolfbrother ;)) You vote to play as UNSC?
Wolfbrother
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wolfbrother »

Whop I'm also liking your entry to the BSF BP and yea of course I voted for UNSC control. I think these are quite good looking ships considering the amount of parts used. Usually anything I make has to have at least 20 parts to look ok.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Update - New encounter 'Battle for Outlook' beta released. Features updated and recoloured ships, plus three new classes! First post to be updated with info :) Feedback on this one would be great - I need to know how hard it is generally (I think it's pretty damn tough, lol).

My personal advice if you find the going tough is frigates ROCK HARD - just nail one of the enemy's side turrets and sit in the blindspot to nail the shield generator. Works a charm if you've got enough frigs to kill the turret fast ;)

EDIT: added a few more allied ships to the final wave - should be a bit more possible now.
Cos of the way the wave system works, if you kill the first ship before its reinforcement spawns then you'll trigger the second wave AS WELL as continuing the first wave, thus adding more enemies, which is a REALLY bad idea, lol... so take the first ship gently ;)