New fleet tournament (extension till 14th june)

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Do you think this tournament will work/be any good?

Poll ended at Wed May 21, 2008 4:25 am

yes
55%
no
No votes
too easy to exploit
45%

Total votes: 11

Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

Thank you for the good words. Think i will make aegis deflectors weaker by lowering hp to a quarter. So if you have a section at 800 hp, and you aegis deflect it, it becomes 200 hp. you can add to sections, but only a quarter of normal amount per point.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

Interesting twist for a tourney! Initial impression is that it appears to be a good balance between the groups.

Request please - can you keep a history log at the very front of your post? That way for people that have already designed their fleet (like me), they will know when a rule or build value has changed and what to go looking for. It would just have to be a summary to alert people to go check the update details and make modifications to their ships.

eg.

April 30 - Aegis section HP lowered

which would alert everybody to go check for this change - otherwise you will get people that make ships ahead of time to test concepts (and end up keeping them because they work) and when they go to submit them they will then find out they are illegal.

One question that came to mind - eg. I select Alien Tech so cost of other PD (non point beam) & Navy group items are now doubled. However the railgun is available in both Navy & Long Range Projectiles groups. I would expect that I could go to whatever group (sort of treat it like a faction) I wanted to purchase my railguns. So I would get it at the LRP cost of 3 points rather than the Navy cost of 6 points. Your take on this type of situation where an item is available from two or more different groups for different prices due to group picks?

- - - - - - - (edit) - - - - - - -
Lloyd16 wrote:Think i will make aegis deflectors weaker by lowering hp to a quarter. So if you have a section at 800 hp, and you aegis deflect it, it becomes 200 hp. you can add to sections, but only a quarter of normal amount per point.
Standard math rounding rules for decimals since BSF Maker won't take non-integer values for HP values? Wouldn't want to get dinged for rounding (for example) 99.5 to 100 where you judge the ship later and think it should be 99. :lol: :wink:
Last edited by Jafo on Thu May 01, 2008 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

in such an event the higher price counts. and can someone choose a different group please.
edit: standard rounding rules apply
Last edited by Lloyd16 on Thu May 01, 2008 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

I wasn't choosing a group, I was just using it as an example since I noted it as I went through the list. I will wait for the rules to stabilize before I choose my group.

I added my edit above while you were posting your response (fast, aren't you?).
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Lloyd16 wrote:in such an event the higher price counts. and can someone choose a different group please.
edit: standard rounding rules apply
... Beamers FTW - everyone knows that.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

I forgot to mention that if i get an uneven number of enties i will submit a fleet, for someone else to moderate, to make the numbers better.
If the fleet is needed It will be on the navy group. also i need to know what group you will be, as enties are 1 week before submission, and everyone has to know what everyone else is using as their group. It adds something knowing what all your enemies have.
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Then make an earlier entry deadline. People aren't going to reveal their strategies until they absolutely have to.
Last edited by Daxx on Fri May 02, 2008 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
[/post]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

This is a crazy new rule set. We don't even know if its balanced or not. Its not exactly fair to the entrant if they have to declare before even getting in some experimentation in.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

I'll moderate your entry, or have Daxx do it. He seems pretty trustworthy and active runnin his own tourney and all. I have no problem with anyone who runs a tourney entering there own ships. There going to all the trouble of runnin it so they should be expected to enter themselves.

I'll enter this one when the rules are finalized, I really like the differnt groupings you have going. Not to mention how differnt this rules set is from the others, but still remains simple and within reason. New is good...
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
elecboy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by elecboy »

looks cool. I like the classes, but i think that it may be too easy to just choose navy or alien because the have the best advantages. Ageis and flaks may twist some people though, as they are the most powerful(to my knowlege defensive things in game.
Defiance is key. WTF? What The Fish?
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Lol. They are not the most powerful and Aegis isn't that fancy when you know how to blow the crap out of it.
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

yeah. what he said. anywhere, as long as everyone fells happy with the balance, i will set a entry date of 1st june, and submission date of 8th june. Also if you have an idea for a name for this tournament please say.
At the moment i think we have 1 alien tech and 1 beamer entry.
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

Wow. This is the quietist tournament i think i will ever see. Here to remind you people that the deadline is for entering the tournament. If you want to, you can send me your entry by pm, so you are put on the list after the deadline(i will set at 9 pm GMT on set day(currently 9:20 here))
state your entry in this layout
Name Fleet name Group
if i do not have all 3 parts, i will not count your entry (unless people have no problem with a late/incomplete enties). After the deadline, you will have 1 week to adjust/build your fleet to best counter the enemies groups (e.g. if most enties are alien tech, you might decide to make your fleet good against tachyons and aegis deflectors.)
note that if a lot of people send me pm enties, or a lot of people ask, i will move the deadlines forward
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

he is another reminder that you need to enter by june 1st, 9pm gmt.
you can pm me that you are entering before, and i will not put them up until the deadline has passed. Also please enter in the format shown above.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Well, how many weapons per section?