The IAP-UCS War

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Allright. I just wanted it to look like a real system...maybe overdoing the realism a bit. :P
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

If you turn off Surfaces, projectiles won't look pixelly when you use large maps. It's possible he doesn't use surfaces for whatever reason, and didn't know that they would get distorted badly.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Oh, well that helps, I'll try it without surfaces and tell you what I think.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Yep, for future reference (I thought about doing a large map myself, and that's where I thought of the idea), it may be best to, if you use large maps, put a warning with the download saying to play that encounter with surfaces off.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Allright, I'll do that. I don't use surfaces, since my computer's graphic card can't handle 'em. Normally, I would, but since my own (good) computer is now in repairs because the screen is *litteraly* falling apart, I'm stuck with this dinosaur.

:cry:
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Alright, I played it without surfaces, and it's a lot better. It's pretty fun, but not very unique. The ships are better with fixed hp although you should probably remake the first one so the ships have different hp values, that would probably make it better.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I'll remake all previous encounters once I have all glitches worked out. Otherwise, it'll just force me to keep remaking them.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Fair enough. So, are you planning any more in the near future?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Well, I'm kinda running four things at once, so progress is a bit slow. i'm working on everything, but I'm not gonna have so much time. Certainly not next month, when I'll have to start working on mah exams. DAMN YOU, TEACHERS!