Tournament Advanced Operations Rules

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

Tsakara wrote:
Droid wrote:I'm assuming base section hp is default.
As in, you leave it alone.
exactly
Well then you might want to rescore all the weapons and modules. They were balanced with set HP values in mind, not setting hp values open up the possibility of exploits in the HP value system and skews the careful analysis the tournament players have done over the course of the games on weapon balance. It was there for a reason.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mr_Arch_Wizard/transpdiscovery.gif[/img]
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

For 25% of my points, I can get an additional 100000 secondary HP for my dreadnought.

Hmm...
Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

Thats a problem with going over 100 points in a system that was balanced at 100 points. :D An interesting fact here is that a section with high hitpoint value has a natural healing rate that is faster than most beams are capable of destroying. Natural healing rate is another of those reasons all section hitpoints were set to a static value for each class.

Although the current rules have a limit on the number of times a section may be boosted.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mr_Arch_Wizard/transpdiscovery.gif[/img]
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

I don't see any limit...
Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

I meant in the other tournie, I think it was agreed upon that it would be locked at max 4 boosts for a section. (I think frigates were at 5) Or they were saving it for the next tournament. Either way.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

I vote for Base HP of around .8 * Boost, you'd have to reset to default everytime you move a section and many times its alot easier to set HP values before you stuff the hull full of guns.

This set of rules seems extremely unbalanced and the only cases I can think of having useful yield upgrades are railguns and... rail guns. If you had a weapons/section, then it would be useful especially for frigates.

I also think that 400 points is over kill unless you want a min 4 ship fleet. I don't really understand why you threw out so many points for ships really. Your scoring is taken for one for 100 point ships. I really don't understand your decision to do that.

Now, unless you want to see mass single weapon spam(66 plasma charges, 100 tachs, 200 mining beams anyone?), useless capitol ships(100 pulse guns on anything flying onto the core is unstoppable), and a carnival of mayhem... I'd revise things abit or make the tourney some sort of triathelon.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Anarki wrote:Dreadnoughts are stupid.
I'll second this - itching to create an imba frigate design again...
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Dude, imagine like... a speed 50 frigate with 10.0 acc, that thing would like teleport.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

antisocialmunky wrote:Dude, imagine like... a speed 50 frigate with 10.0 acc, that thing would like teleport.
And of course, chuck your favourite weapons on that thing and the battle would become hilariously funny to watch.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

feel free to tweak it, I'm just trying to expand upon it and improve, any help is appreciated.

i really want to make the point system at least 200 though, it would allow more creative and innovative designs.
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

While the Dreadnaught can have epic ammounts of health, it's speed requires at least 25% of the points for it to be decent.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

F*ck speed, it's called a dieterling device. The only thing you really need is turning.
kaaskopp
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by kaaskopp »

What always annoys me is that youve got to count every section and sec hp upgrades. why not counting the total hp? so 1 point equals 50 hp on a frigate, 100 on a cruiser, 200 on a battleship, and so on...??
[img]http://i17.tinypic.com/71qxdkx.png[/img]

joa, hascht wasch gegn waischwuascht?
scheiß weißwurst. Geht um alkohol junge!!