Destroy the Juggernaut - Team 1 - Pirates

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Just wrote up my ship set up. I'm gonna get it done now and PM it to Natch in both forms when done. We shall crush the Military dogs :twisted:

Figured this way it would be easier, before my online shuts off tonight.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Nope, they automatically charge up. I guess I assumed the max charge thing wrong since its a multiplier, not a absolute value.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

antisocialmunky wrote:Nope, they automatically charge up. I guess I assumed the max charge thing wrong since its a multiplier, not a absolute value.
OK, I see it now. I got mislead thinking that the longer reload time would mean it charges during the reload. It doesn't. It only starts to overcharge once the reload is complete and it can't fire immediately. So the time period between being ready to fire, and actually getting to fire, is the time period it charges up (to its maximum limit).
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Wait, why don't we just change the reload like we originally thought, and the time it takes to charge. After all, we aren't actually changing how long it takes to charge, just forcing it to wait till it is...

EDIT: By the way, max charge time is less than 2, at least, I did some testing.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

mtheminja wrote:Wait, why don't we just change the reload like we originally thought, and the time it takes to charge. After all, we aren't actually changing how long it takes to charge, just forcing it to wait till it is...
Because you are now trying to make a weapon unbalanced and more powerful. The allowed weapon changes to date have a tendancy to possibly hurt the weapon performance (longer reload time usually means less DPS, lowered arc usually means missing some target opportunities (but can mean a better focus on target right in front of you rather than off to the sides) so this one has a trade-off). Forcing a weapon to always overcharge when it should not have the capability to do so - that is a pure advantage especially since the overcharge appears to be quite quick.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

My ships been sent to Natch via Pm. Came out quite nice. I'll be back this coming friday, if theres any problems natch just pm me. I think this ship will prove worthy of the team. Oh yeah and......

ARRRRRRR

Side Note - The rules are fine, lets get down to buisness.

Edit: Ah crap forgot to set my AI range in the rush to save it. Resending...
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Reload? We can change the reload on our weapons?
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

Ive decided to let people RAISE the reload time to make weapons fire one after another only. No other use of increasing reload time is allowed.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Oh. Alright then. Thanks.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

So, what do you think about Idea 1A? I think it could help a lot.

And DarkenShroud, can we see your ship? PM it if you want it hidden.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Its not a bad idea.
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

No, several sections look stretched to hell and I can see atleast 3 broken rules by just glancing at it. 4 Nanos? 8ish deflectors? How many boosters does that thing even have?

Okay guys, seriously - what's up with people posting random custom ships in this forum? This isn't the custom ship forum. This is the build the best ship within a points system to own face while hopefully still looking good. First, TBE's WIP tournement gets spammed by random custom ships... I mean come on, there isn't even a points sheet for that! And now in an actual tournement with a posted pointsheet, we STILL get thee random submissions?!?

What's up with this forum lately?

I'm not trying to bash anyone or you, Hiant, but please, stop doing this. This isn't the custom ships tournement. You have to build ships according to rules to do a good job. Now, we'll all help you build one - that's perfectly fine. But don't waste our time with this crap.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

antisocialmunky wrote:You have to build ships according to rules to do a good job. Now, we'll all help you build one - that's perfectly fine. But don't waste our time with this crap.
Seconded. A tournament is a tournament - Hiant, you build a ship that obeys the rules, stretches them to the maximum for your benefit, and also helps your team along. A custom ship is a custom; it's meant for aesthetic satisfaction, and it's unlikely that it will ever be turned into a tournament ship, which is supposed to be EFFICIENT, not merely nice to look at. And please, if you wish to post a tournament ship up here, have the following in your post:

1. Picture. 'Nuff said.
2. Description of weapons and other systems.
3. Breakdown of points.

I hope you don't post a custom again. It's really irritating.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

antisocialmunky wrote:No, several sections look stretched to hell and I can see atleast 3 broken rules by just glancing at it. 4 Nanos? 8ish deflectors? How many boosters does that thing even have?

Okay guys, seriously - what's up with people posting random custom ships in this forum? This isn't the custom ship forum. This is the build the best ship within a points system to own face while hopefully still looking good. First, TBE's WIP tournement gets spammed by random custom ships... I mean come on, there isn't even a points sheet for that! And now in an actual tournement with a posted pointsheet, we STILL get thee random submissions?!?

What's up with this forum lately?

I'm not trying to bash anyone or you, Hiant, but please, stop doing this. This isn't the custom ships tournement. You have to build ships according to rules to do a good job. Now, we'll all help you build one - that's perfectly fine. But don't waste our time with this crap.
It was a joke. I know the rules it was just a joke LoL. Ok i won't pay time for crap. I have made some ships allrdy for the tournament.