Destroy the Juggernaut - Team 1 - Pirates

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

I trust ASM completely, just it might get hard for him to not subconsciously counter any secrets we have towards the end.

Anyways, I couldn't bust any aegises with the D-V no matter how hard I tried :(

I'll be PMing you guys my 43 point hull, but I haven't armed it since we need to get strategic about it.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

antisocialmunky wrote:http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... less_V.shp

Have fun. I make an exception. Blowing off aegised sections is just cool.
Well I would like to have fun, but Commodore111 has just ruled my ship illegal which means yours is too.
Commodore111 wrote:sorry jafo but that ship won't work. you need to have a gap inbetween them. You have an invincible wall in the front.
I am waiting for his response since I made a counter-point that this is not a one on one battle, so a "front wall" isn't as meaningful when your enemy has teammates, that, and the fact that he never made any mention that a "front wall" is not allowed in his rules posting. :?
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Also rather silly since as side walls are about as good, anyways, they're just different strategies.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

well you have a point jafo, Ill let you do that. you can use your ship I guess, but still when there are multiple targets, things might get messy...
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

So What exactly is our plan? Are we all just volleying beams and junk, or are we cooking up a strategic plan?
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

I think that the best bet for use pirates is we have to do a butt ton(Metric) of damage as fast as we can since everything will lock onto Juggy.

Now... There are two options, we can either support the Juggy or use it as a big decoy. I think that we should make flanking ships with lots of unstoppable fire power to damage from the sides or rear. Beams are the best to do this, however we can probably use rail guns as well.

That or we can do what I suggested for the military and use a ton of projectiles. However, I think that high damaging, accurate weapons are best for taking down the enemy fleet.

If we choose to save the Juggy(which is actually probably what we should do since the military's reason for attacking us is to kill it), well... I dunno. I kinda want to try it though.

Its really too bad that we don't get to see the Juggy since we are the pirate team... oh well.

Also, if you can't kill an aegised section with it, try using alot of them. 2 Should theoretically kill an aegis outright since they do about 160ish each. However, that's not factoring in the ridiculous(almost 200ish regen per frame) it has. Deflectored sections are alot easier to blow off.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

I have a ship for you to play around, I might even decide to join in the tournament(Kind of strange since im running it, might be unfair), but for now, heres a little ship I made you can test yours against.

DL: http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... crater.shp
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Antisocialmunky: The Plan Book - Chapter 2: The Plan wrote:I think that the best bet for use pirates is we have to do a butt ton(Metric) of damage as fast as we can since everything will lock onto Juggy.

Now... There are two options, we can either support the Juggy or use it as a big decoy.
Obviously.
Plan A wrote:I think that we should make flanking ships with lots of unstoppable fire power to damage from the sides or rear. Beams are the best to do this, however we can probably use rail guns as well.
Yep. However I do like My flying Gatlins (blaster/Pulse ship with a stinger). :D Perhaps we can have a fleet of ships, each with a Frosch/s, but some with beams, some with Gat Blaster or some other power weapon. Alternative can be Lancet ships, with the sole purpose of detoothing the enemy, then the rest of the fleet can come in and pick off the remains.
(Cont.) Plan A wrote:That or we can do what I suggested for the military and use a ton of projectiles. However, I think that high damaging, accurate weapons are best for taking down the enemy fleet.
You Yourself Said it. :wink:
Plan B wrote:If we choose to save the Juggy(which is actually probably what we should do since the military's reason for attacking us is to kill it), well... I dunno. I kinda want to try it though.
It'll be more challange.
Its really too bad that we don't get to see the Juggy since we are the pirate team... oh well.
I think we will. IF we get more players for the pirates.
Also, if you can't kill an aegised section with it, try using alot of them. 2 Should theoretically kill an aegis outright since they do about 160ish each. However, that's not factoring in the ridiculous(almost 200ish regen per frame) it has. Deflectored sections are alot easier to blow off.
Will it make a difference if 2 aegis are targeting a single section?

@ Com111: :D :D :D You just made me very happy. But are you sure that is for the Pirates? Looks like something millitary.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

It'll be more challange.
Yeah, but it would be cool to save it.

Also, I don't think we will be able to see the Juggernaut due to the fact that I'm on both teams.

@ COM. Its the freaking Nebula Class!
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

So, feed back on c_g is that both versions don't look pretty. Whee. Anybody have advice on the hull design (which is better, tweaks to make it more survivable), I don't have experience with tourney ship making yet and could especially use advice on the best way to lay out the inner sections.

For strategy, I think since the Juggernaut has so much projectile weaponry, if we keep it alive, we won't have to worry about enemy point defense much. OTOH, it doesn't have much PD itself, so that could be a factor. An idea I had earlier, is that one of our ships could have a long 'antenna' of section to increase its threat circle past the Juggernaut's, which could or could not be designed to blow off easily, and have a tough core that take a long time to kill, with only armour and defenses (and maybe a tachyon driver to absorb enemy weaponry). Then the Juggernaut could rip into their flanks while the armoured ship holds out as long as possible.

Some module questions: Everybody should have frosch guns, since we have such big enemies (EDIT: whoops, got it backwards, big enemies recover quickly, duh, but frosches could still be crucial)? Lancets are tougher, they might not be very effective from what I've seen, so slightly luck based. What about nano matrices, some, all or none of us?
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Everyship should carry one or two frosches since we can use them to drain deflectors.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

ASM - nice find with your latest ship. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but DPS goes down by approx. 77% but cost goes down by 67%. Even more important for those brief openings of fire opportunity, more weapons are available to hit for the same cost. I don't think it is possible, but can the AI be set to overcharge them?
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Actually, if it turn into a furball, the ship is be turning so much that it'll easily have time to charge . However, when all the enemy ships are clustered in a pile, its harder to charge.

However... there is a seperate 'maximium charge time' field. While we can't touch that, we can set reload time in this tournement. :D

So I guess that is a yes. Congratulations, we have broken the tournement. Now... I just have to figure out how to manually set all 32ish shock beamers to it...
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

Can i join the pirates? ;) would be nice if yes LoL
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

antisocialmunky wrote:Actually, if it turn into a furball, the ship is be turning so much that it'll easily have time to charge . However, when all the enemy ships are clustered in a pile, its harder to charge.

However... there is a seperate 'maximium charge time' field. While we can't touch that, we can set reload time in this tournement. :D

So I guess that is a yes. Congratulations, we have broken the tournement. Now... I just have to figure out how to manually set all 32ish shock beamers to it...
Doubling reload times just does that, they fire only half as often. They don't charge up and do any extra damage when firing at the slower rate due to setting the reload time higher (I tested on an exposed core and one weapon firing, making note of damage done). I think they can only be charged up manually.