Destroy the Juggernaut - Team 1 - Pirates

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Destroy the Juggernaut - Team 1 - Pirates

Post by Commodore111 »

This is the thread for the pirates in team 1 of the Destroy the Juggernaut tournament.

These are the members in the pirate team so far:
Pirate
-Natch
-TheBlueEcho
-antisocialmunky
-mtheminja
-DarkenShroud
-Hiant
-Mr_Wizard
-Droid
Too tired to make a real team topic so heres the military to... I mean esponage gotten from them ;).

Any ideas what part of the Juggernaut is the Scaffolding?
On the thing it's self, I count:

12 Nanos
2 Defelctors
2 Lancets
4 Impeders
1 Mega Tchyon
2 Quad Blasters
12 Gat Blasters
4 Plasma Charges
2 Mega Beams
6 Tachyons
4 Drivers
2 Pulsars
4 Weasels
2 Boosters
2 Blasters
2 Side Winders
2 Rail guns
2 Flak guns
2 Partical guns

He also mentioned Missiles. . .

Most of it's weapons are forward facing, but 2 Tachs and Blasters are read facing, and about 3 Gatt Blasters per flank. There's about 10 weapons I can't make out.
Last edited by Commodore111 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

WE HAVE A SPY!

*Grabs beam shotgun*
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

XxKiraYamatoxX wrote:WE HAVE A SPY!
*Grabs beam shotgun*
Got to work on my ship...
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

People! The military has obtained a picture of our beloved Juggernaut being transfered to another shipyard! We must act fast and destroy them.

mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Question to Commodore111: Since we already have similar ideas (sections can be shrunk if you want, and weapon arcs can be decreased), can we also lengthen reload times to make weapon clusters fire sporadicly instead of in volleys (on the scale of the change from a reload of 30 to 32), for example? I have a few ideas that work better if we can do that, and we take a small hit in DPS when we do this, anyways.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

I belive that would work, since you are accually losing DPS. Yes I will allow that.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

mtheminja wrote:Question to Commodore111: Since we already have similar ideas (sections can be shrunk if you want, and weapon arcs can be decreased), can we also lengthen reload times to make weapon clusters fire sporadicly instead of in volleys (on the scale of the change from a reload of 30 to 32), for example? I have a few ideas that work better if we can do that, and we take a small hit in DPS when we do this, anyways.
My view on this: NO. Weapon arcs may be modified, but I guess that's the MAX a tournament can accommodate without many things screwing up.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Also, out of curiosity, since no one would use one (I think), why aren't gravbeams in the module list? Were they not out yet when the list was originally made?
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Weapon arcs would be nice.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Commodore111 wrote:-All weapons must have a normal arc or less.
I think we already can do arcs, that's part of my rational for reload time, too.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

mtheminja wrote:Also, out of curiosity, since no one would use one (I think), why aren't gravbeams in the module list? Were they not out yet when the list was originally made?
Yeah, I noted that missing as well, I think you are right that it was not out when that list was made up. Also, the Pulsar Gun has two entries (at least they both agree on the same value :lol: ).
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

mtheminja wrote:Question to Commodore111: Since we already have similar ideas (sections can be shrunk if you want, and weapon arcs can be decreased), can we also lengthen reload times to make weapon clusters fire sporadicly instead of in volleys (on the scale of the change from a reload of 30 to 32), for example? I have a few ideas that work better if we can do that, and we take a small hit in DPS when we do this, anyways.
Are you going to use Arcalane's "Weapon and Modules Guide" as a reference, because a lot/most(?) reload times are listed as "default" in the ShipMaker weapon editing. That guide is from mid-September 2007, has anybody checked to see if the data is still accurate and that TH15 has not modified any weapons or modules performance since that guide was posted?

Or are you going to use some other method to verify what the default reload time is?

- - - - (edit) - - - -
Apologies for the double post, I didn't notice which thread I was responding to until I had finished.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Well, I was thinking I'd make a ship with one unmodded copy of the weapon I want to weaken, and one will be, and test it till I get the weapon to fire slower. That way, I could also send it to Commodore111 if he wanted proof that that value is worse than stock.

Another question: I can't find the base acceleration for each class in the instructions, what is it?
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

mtheminja wrote:Well, I was thinking I'd make a ship with one unmodded copy of the weapon I want to weaken, and one will be, and test it till I get the weapon to fire slower. That way, I could also send it to Commodore111 if he wanted proof that that value is worse than stock.

Another question: I can't find the base acceleration for each class in the instructions, what is it?
Yeah, that should work. Arcalane's guide should help you get very close right off the bat.

. . . . edit . . . . (deleted) (and deleted again as we overlapped) :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Jafo on Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Sorry, I mean ship acceleration, not weapon acceleration :oops: .

EDIT: Wow, that was a fast edit...