Destroy the Juggernaut - Team 1 - Pirates

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Commodore111 wrote:The glowing thing at the back is not glowing, its 88 blasters :P.
Oh my mother-f***ing god... :shock:

Ok, you win this contest.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

Is there room for Pirate Captain Wizard? 8)
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mr_Arch_Wizard/transpdiscovery.gif[/img]
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

well its not overpowered, the Juggernaut can kill it easily, the lancet goes right down the center and kills the aegis, pointbeam, and a few blasters.

Wizard: Yeah theres room. Ill add you into the list.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

*bites before its too late*

Now I just need free time to get a ship up. Probably tomorrow.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Yeah, that's a nice ship, Com. Though I wonder if ablative armor is really worth it. I rather use deflectors and buffed sections, but that's just me. Also it takes about three to kill an Aegised battleship section though one ripple fire slaughters everything.

I think that the finals designs of people will have Aegised sections buffed around 300-400.

Otherwise that ship is awesome.

EDIT- I think I one upped your pwn boat. I finally implemented what I was talking about implementing a long time ago.

Also, I think we should figure out some creative defensive options now that the weapons systems aren ow better established.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ess_VI.shp

^--- If I were military... well, I'd figure out how to defend against this crap from the sides and behind while my ships all lock onto Juggy. :shock:

This also wastes clamshell ships.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

In a game with a maximum Speed rating, you want to both meet that speed rating and have more accelleration than your enemy. This is because, while your enemy is drifting and tring to change their vector withlow accelerations, you can catch up to them. It may even be less important to have the maximum speed, but you definantly want a lot of acceleration to catch them when they try to change direction.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mr_Arch_Wizard/transpdiscovery.gif[/img]
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

I think that the finals designs of people will have Aegised sections buffed around 300-400.
It can kill sections much more than that...
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Of course. But combined that with flak, dodging and the fact that not all shots hit at once, it makes it resistant.

Now, it'll probably still be devastating against military so, keep those crazy blaster ships coming. I really like them.

Though there is one thing: In my testing, the main thing, not including volley fire, contributing to not being able to blast off sections is that the current design requires a flat-to flat hit. The section has to be hit by most of the shots in one go or else a 400ish aegised section will not die.

I think you can remedy this by making the blaster profile tighter by making the line of blasters shorter. Though this will reduce lethality vs flak, it'll be more reliable to blow sections off. :lol:
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Here is preliminary design.
Even though noone seemed to notice I wished to sign up.

Scatterbeam spam. Easily replaced by anything else.

30 Scatterbeams
2 Aegis
2 Deflectors
8 Flak
3 Frosch Guns
2 Lancets
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

I Like it. Does it fit the rules with the Aegis? And how Strong is the Frontal shielding?

@ Comm: How about over 1000?
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

The Aegis covers approx 129 degrees, and there's more than a 40 degree gap.

The frontal armor is set at 550HP, same with the 2 Aegised sections. I can shift the points from the Aegis to the frontal armor if need be. The picture has one more flak than there should be (it has been removed)
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Nice, you might want to reduce turning or take off a frosch and throw points into acc. About 15-20, perhaps. Otherwise it might be better able to stay behind a target.
Last edited by antisocialmunky on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

TheBlueEcho wrote:@ Comm: How about over 1000?
I think it should be able to, but I havent tried anything over 650
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Commodore111 wrote:
TheBlueEcho wrote:@ Comm: How about over 1000?
I think it should be able to, but I havent tried anything over 650
I'll have to test it. Because the Endotram (which I have yet to fix the speed, forgive my slowness) single frontal shield has an extreme amount of hp so it can survive Weapons spam. Combined with a Deflector, and it's near invincible except against one weapon, which should be obvious. Even the Aegis parts are very Hp heavy, but I plan to reduce them abit so I have more points for other stuff.

Now what I was thinking, is how about ship Completely made out of PD/Modules?
Do to the fact that it has no weapons, it prevents the early rise of Deflectors, Allowing for stratigic attack, while the PD half of it Stops nearly everything Millitary tries to dish out at the other teammates.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

That be cool. Go for it. :twisted: