The Arg

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Jetz
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

The Arg

Post by Jetz »

I had nothing better to do, so I decided to try out the BSF encounter maker. It was pretty cool except for a few things that Im sure will be added soon. So here is my first real attempt at it.

The Arg
This takes place in a time after the end of the war against the pirates and the Nanz. It uses two new factions for it, which I will re-use if I decide to make more. These factions are the Arg tribe and the Iilv union.

The Arg tribe are a form of scavengers. They board space stations, ships, they're not pickey. They take anything thats not fastened down(and occasionally something that is) and sell it back in their own system. If anyone fights back, they crush any resistance and try again. They have very advanced dieterling devices, attack with plasma based weaponry, have fast ships, and fight in swarms. Their color is green.

The Iilv union are from a different planet in the same system as the Arg. They are completely hostile towards the arg, and hunt them down in attempt to get a lone point across to them: "Theft is bad." Unforutinately, the Arg outnumber them 400 to 1. Although this is true, the Iilv have achieved complete technological mastery. They fly fast, rediculously tough, powerful, yet small ships into battle in squadrons of 3 or more. With only this few amount of ships, they can easily destroy a fleet of Arg ships.

Storyline
The storyline goes as this: You, as admiral of the terran forces, recieved an alert that a nearby military outpost is under attack by an unknown force. Remembering what happend last time you heard this report, you go in with backup. You arrive just in time to see come civillians being demolished by unknown ships. You send word out to them, asking what they're doing, and in reply, you get a loud, deep screeching sound of some alien tounge. So, obviously, you engage in battle.

After wave 1
The nearby outpost, seeing your conflict, calls for backup. You do as well, and on the downside, so do the aliens.

After wave 2
The aliens, deciding that they can't use normal attacks here, send in a more dangerous ship. Due to its strength on the front and sides, you have no choice but to use the Zeluses to attack from the back.

After wave 3
The aliens are annoyed now, and so are you. By now, you and they have brought in some of the big guns.

After wave 4
Hq can't spare any more reinforcements, and the aliens just sent in a whole fleet. What do you do now? Simple: Run.

During wave 5(Spoilers)
Three new ships jump in... and attack the aliens with devestating force. You quickly try to befriend them in fear that if you don't, they may turn it on you. Your attempt was successful. As the battle(if you can call it that) rages on, the Iilv introduce themselves, and fill you in on their conflict with the Arg.

After wave 5
Iilv pilot: Do not feel safe yet, Hyaman--
You: That's "Human".
Iilv pilot: My apologies. Anyway, our long range sensors detect more jump signatures of Arg ships from a nearby system. They're very likely coming here.
You: So, whats wrong with that?
Iilv pilot: Nothing, actually. Sit back and watch the battle, if you wish.

After wave 6
You: Wow... We need some of those guns on our ships...

Closing and download
First of all, thanks to TormakSaber for the stock ships.
Secondly, http://www.mediafire.com/?gdjdd2ykj1c
"Hey look, the fuel's reading 'E' for extra full!"
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img]
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

I like that comment at the last part...
After wave 6
You: Wow... We need some of those guns on our ships...
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen