D & D Inspired Campaign (Missions 1-4 Complete)

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

D & D Inspired Campaign (Missions 1-4 Complete)

Post by DarkenShroud »

Picture if you will a Ferengi type race discovering a distant uncharted system in space. There are 6 habitable planets and many moons that make up this system. Each habitable planet suits it host(s) well. One planet is practically dead on its surface, but below in the cavernous regions. There dwells two distinct races, one of which is the Drow. A elf which dwells below ground and is utterly ruthless. The other a type of squid like creature which walks upright named the Illithids, which are equally as ruthless and cunning.

The next planet to speak of consists of 4 humanoid races, its terrain mostly rolling hills and jagged mountains. All of which breed in rapid numbers and are utterly evil. The Ogres which are the dominant race, large and bulky. They are led by magi of there race, which make up the brains of the operation. They enforce absolute servitude of the other races. The Orcs who are the next step up on the food chain, rely on there numbers and power in battle to win out. The next the Goblins, a smaller weaker race, none the less there numbers make them more then a threat. Then theres the Kobolds, the rats of the planet. There race are considered below the others, and are often picked on and beat because of there small size. But there numbers are something to speak of.

The next planets consist of mainly one dominant race each. The Humans who have developed the furthest, and hold the most power overall of all the races in general terms. There planet is much like Earth is.
You have the Elves, your classic forest dwelling bow toting skinny graceful blah blah. They rely on longe range weapons before joining in the fray. There planet is covered completely in one type of forest or another. The Dwarves who live mainly below ground, and are a avid mining race who enjoy a good fight and drink. There craftsmanship and endurance is what makes them stand out. There planet is covered in hills and mountains, and very rich in resources compared with the other planets in minerals. Finally you have the Minotaurs, a naturally sea going race. There planet is made up of many islands and island continents. They have the head of a bull, and the bulk of a bodybuilder.

Now this Ferengi race being very enterprising discovered all these races dwelling on differnt planets. They studied them for a time and there ways, deciding what would be the next step to there endevours. They sent delegates to each of the races, offering them power beyond there wildest dreams. And technology which even surpassed there magic. Yet the price was heavy, and took its toll on each planets resources. What they offered them was inner system travel to other planets and moons in space. The urge to explore and expand was more then any race could hold back from, and there resources were being depleted from constant trade with the alien race. So each race set off exploring the system in which there planets dwelt.

The Ferengi like race knew that the other races would clash with each other, and there pockets would grow fat with the sale of warships and supplies. When the races finally met, some had all out hostilites, others open trade. Space was a most chaotic place indeed. Each race marked its turf and conducted small conflicts with the other, and or trade and alliances.

Then there came the Renegades, magi who would not obey the laws of magic set down by the wizards of the Human homeworld. They allied themselves with the humanoid and evil races of the system, vowing to bring the destruction of the mages who tried to control them. They conducted recon of the humans territory from there hidden base, as well as there trade allies. Passing along information to the other evil races to exploit. Then there came the day, when the first true raids and tests took place. The elves and dwarves there battleships out on patrol or handling the rash of attacks on there moons and outposts, left there homeworlds lightly defended. The humans with alittle more luck on there side, had the advantage of the return of a few battleships from patrol. So they weren't caught totally unprepared. There are reinforements of some nature on the way to help each planet, but also the enemy has troops in reserve. Can you defend each planet from the expeditionary forces which threaten them.

The first three missions are meant to be lower in scale, and easier to beat. I think you will find them pretty good for starts at least. Each race has its strenths and weaknesses, enemy and player controled race. In each mission you will control the good fleets of a given race. There is also the special appreance of a independant race, after one of the missions which has yet to be named. Also the renegades and non renegade mages take part in the battles, there is the initial set of fleets for both sides. Then once the enemy is defeated, there reinforcements will arrive as well as yours. Good luck, based this off D and D pretty much. If I'm not to lazy I'll write up a few stories lol. Mission 4 will follow sooner or later, which will have an attack on a conferance held by the good races to ally and combat the evil. That mission will consist of all the races/factions, and will be alittle grander in scale. Each race also has its own color so you can tell them apart, and most use differnt weapondry and modules as well from each other. Plus there ships are very differnt looking from each other. Once again enjoy!!!

Mission One - Assualt on the Elven Homeworld

http://www.mediafire.com/?cc9gxlzycnd

Mission Two - Assualt on the Dwarven Homeworld

http://www.mediafire.com/?ny9ap0z4jqy

Mission Three - Assualt on the Human Homeworld

http://www.mediafire.com/?fnm1dcobqmj

Mission Four - The Alliance is Struck (Battleships!!!!!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?m2km5j2zyid

The good races of the system meet at the request of the lawful magi. A spy amongst them has informed the renegades of this meeting far in advance. A coalition of evil has been formed to cripple diplomatic ties, and destroy the battleships stationed at the human homeworld. The fate of the alliance rests with the battleships now. You will control all 3 good races battleships in the area, and a lawful mage battleship in this mission to defend the council. Deal evil a crippling blow in this battle, and you will be well upon your way to turning this war around. This mission is moderately harder then the last 3, but should be a piece of cake with alittle effort. Once again after the battle you are visited by the odd race of beholders. This time there ships are far more lethal. Enjoy!!!
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
Strideo
Captain
Captain

Post by Strideo »

Sounds kinda cool! I'll have to check it out when I get a chance. :D

I'm not trying to be mean by saying it but there is one grammatical flaw in that keeps popping up in your description. I just thought that it may serve you well in the future to learn to correct it. Image

They're Their There
http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/their.html
I honestly mean no offense.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1681][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Strideo/BF/AthacianShipyards3.jpg[/img]
Clicky to see my fleets! :D[/url]
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

I mean no offence either, but have to support what Strideo noted. The use of 'there' where 'their' was supposed to be used took away from the content of what was otherwise an excellent piece of penmanship. If it was just once or twice it would have been ignored as a simple mistake.
TimoK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TimoK »

fun idea... i played them all once and i liked it, i think i might play them all again with different playstyle, right now i just bunched all my ships together and got thru ok.
the dwarf mission was actually harder than the rest for me. i tried it twice and didn't manage to win.

also, as long as we're grammar nazis, it's "assAUlt"
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Lol. Yeah I'm hopeless when it comes to taking my time and grammer. No offense taken. Thanks for the feedback, the dwarves need to use tellers to the fullest effect and will do well. Best keep them grouped up so there mining ships can defend each other.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure