Confederation VS CFS campaign

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Strideo
Captain
Captain

Post by Strideo »

TimoK wrote:i've never heard of colony wars before, had to google that one... well this storyline and setting isn't exactly the most original thing ever, just something fairly simple to play with.
Yeah, just click the link in my signature and you'll find that the back story for my fleet is similar to Colony Wars too. It isn't all that surprising when, oh say, The American Revolution is frequently used as inspiration for a plot. At least that was somewhat the case in my back story. With a little twist here and there of course. :wink:

But yeah, fighting for independence is a common element in war stories and stuff so yeah you might spot similarities in different fictions.

I've finished mission 3. I've noticed that I need to right click the links and press "Save Link As . . ." to download the encounters that have been uploaded to the ship database. Otherwise it takes me to a web page that contains all the code for the encounter file or something. :?
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1681][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Strideo/BF/AthacianShipyards3.jpg[/img]
Clicky to see my fleets! :D[/url]
TimoK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TimoK »

mission 7 done. phew. 3 more to go! the limitations of the encounter maker are starting to drain my creativity.
Strideo that's a crazy number of ships you've done, cool stuff.
TimoK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TimoK »

word on the street is that mission 8 is finished.
i know i promised bigger ships some time ago but the story just didnt quite allow it... BUT missions 9 and 10 will finally have some (relatively) big ships in.
TimoK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TimoK »

mission 9 uploaded. the campaign nears it's end... epic pew pew ensues
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

Why the triple post?
Could just edit the post where is the mission 7 added like this:

mission 7 done. phew. 3 more to go! the limitations of the encounter maker are starting to drain my creativity.
Strideo that's a crazy number of ships you've done, cool stuff.

word on the street is that mission 8 is finished.
i know i promised bigger ships some time ago but the story just didnt quite allow it... BUT missions 9 and 10 will finally have some (relatively) big ships in.

mission 9 uploaded. the campaign nears it's end... epic pew pew ensues
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

This is an excellent set of missions. I have beaten all of them except 7; they are quite challenging. I love the stations especially the laser ones of death in mission 6 :D

Mission 9 is easily the most epic, but thankfully you get more than enough firepower to crush the baddies. My favourite ship is the Striker and my most hated ship is the Griffin.

Onwards to 10!
TimoK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TimoK »

the final mission is done and posted. this mission is weird, sometimes during my playtests it totally kicked my ass and sometimes i kicked it's.
ah well, the campaign is thus done and i hope everyone who played any of the missions had a good time, i always tried to provide some challenge in them and sometimes probably provided a little too much of it :wink:

(postmortem: tried mission 6 recently, holy crap that is hard)

currently i don't have a plan or schedule of any kind to start on another campaign, though i would like to, someday. just not right now. should finish the story eventually...

Hiant: so that the thread rises up to the top. i think it's approriate cuz i add new material. it's not like i'm just posting comments and nothing else.

Water_and_Wind: thanks dude, much appreciated. weird, i thought mission 7 was relatively easy. ah well.
Strideo
Captain
Captain

Post by Strideo »

The mining rigs in mission 5 look cool.

I really liked the terrain set up you did for mission 6 too. It was down right pretty. :D Too bad I died. I'll try again later.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1681][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Strideo/BF/AthacianShipyards3.jpg[/img]
Clicky to see my fleets! :D[/url]