1v1 Custom Ship Tourny (Will start fights soon, hopefully)

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

I have all my ships ready for submission. Will do so on the day before the deadline. Thanx for running my favorite type of tourney, and good luck to everyone. If you want to cut back the deadline make sure you post it in the topic title itself please. I'm ready once everyone else is that plans on entering.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

Wondering if I should allow an extra week after submissions for revisions. There would be a Max of 2-3 revisions you could post .

Anyone think thats a good idea?

BTW, Thanks TH15
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Naw, once ships are submitted they should be final in my opinon. Don't submit ships that aren't what you want to submit right? Carefully work on your ships, then once you think they can't get any better, submit them finalized. Thats the way I would like to see it go down. If you alllow all that readjusting and so on, its just gonna make things more complicated for yourself. This way one submission date for all, one submission period for each class per entry in each class. Revisions are honestly supposed to be done before submitting your ship in the first place, or should be in my opinon. The only way I see allowing revisions is if someone made a mistake on there design that was illegal or they went over on the points spent. Thats grounds for a revision, but other then that, theres really no point. People should revise before they submit in the first place the first time. People should not submit ships they think they will need to still work on, they should submit ships that have already been revised and perfected. Otherwise there simply wasting your time with pms, with half built ships that still need revised and revamped. Which should have been done again before they submitted in the first place lol. I see a pattern forming lol I best stop now before I repeat myself more lol. Bad idea in general, and to many wasteful pms. One submission, get it right the first time people do not submit half made, half looked over ships. Submit finalized and revised ones please lol........ :wink:

*after thought* - If it takes people more then 2 weeks to make and perfect a 100 point ship, even with school, social lives, and work. Then your not trying hard enough to make one. Took me a less then two hours to make all three of mine, and then less then a hour to test them all seperately.....against differnt forms of tourney ships from times past. So really whenever I see a excuse concerning time on the borads, I kinda just shake my head. Unless your building a mothership or the like, you have the time to make a 100 point ship. No matter how much you have going on in life, if not then don't enter lol. Sorry just annoyed at that particular subject, and people abondoning tournies and people abondoning entires in general. Good job keeping up with this tourney so far, glad to see your taking this seriously. And good luck to all when the guns begin to blaze.

elecboy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by elecboy »

This place has been silent.
Defiance is key. WTF? What The Fish?
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

Indeed.

Has everyone finished their ships yet?
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

I have been finished for a while. just waiting for the 24th now.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

I'm waiting for some time to perfect my cruiser/frigate.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

My ships are in, just let me know if thiers any problems or adjustments I need to make. Thanks again.

Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

You guys can PM me your ships now. That way if there are any problems you have time to fix it =P
elecboy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by elecboy »

cool, looks like i need to reformat mine.
Defiance is key. WTF? What The Fish?
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Don't feel bad, I made mine only 100 points each and need to resubmit them lol. And I thought they were good at 100, lol wait till I put 15 more points of stuff on them.

Edit: Ok resent them, thanks again for the lookout. Much better at 115 lol.

Gonna edit my profile to promote your tourney, rely on yourself join the 1 vs 1 tourney now May 24th Deadline. Something to that effect, don't want people to miss this one. Seems like its gonna be pretty wild.

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

*BUMP*
Don’t worry it has airbags.
utop
Ensign
Ensign

Post by utop »

Hhhmmm, how do you pm the files over? Can't seem to attach files.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

utop
Ensign
Ensign

Post by utop »

Thanks for intro-ing the upload site DarkenShroud. Weee, 1 more day left. Everyone finished? Hehe, planning to join for all three classes in the end. :D