post-campaign

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

warhammer651
Commander
Commander
Location: i'll giv you a hint. it's somewhere in the vicinity of the third planet from the sun

post-campaign

Post by warhammer651 »

this is basically my take on what happens after the current campaign mode

the federation (i believe thats who the player works for in campaign) has been pushed back to one of the fringe colonies, Zarkon IV, and are attempting to regroup. for an assault to retake earth d-day style.

mission1: your ships are on a routine sweep of the system to make sure no pirates or Nanz are nearby. well.... guess what happans while you're gone.....

yep, pirates have stumbled across the base,and you have to bail 'em out.

download at:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1387086

like anyone else, i would like to know what i should add/ take away/ change. in the mission

Thanks TormakSaber for the stock ships
if everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.......idiot.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Fr your future reference, you only eed to include the .enc files. The ship folders are automatically generated as you play the encounter. :D

Also, you're quite welcome for the ships.

Alright, and onto the encounter itself:

Lore dissection: Since it takes place after the current campaign, I can't comment on the setting itself. It's perfectly plausible to be assigned at a station and need to defend it from pirates and aliens. However, there's a few minor quibbles. 1: You use Admiral Cherenkov's ship. Admiral Cherenkov is dead after mission 4-5, so using his ship makes very little sense. I'd replace it with a standard Hecate. 2: You use Nagayas' Second Ship. This gets destroyed in Siege, so it's out of place too. Hong's ship is fine.

Balance dissection: Reasonably balanced. Not too hard, not too easy. I could see losing easily if you don't maintain your fleet well. You must essentially do with what you start wit the whole fight. Enemies are varied and come in both pirate and alien varieties. The ending was a bit of a letdown. When you brought in 3 Zelus ad Hong, I was expecting something really big, but instead all I got was an Alien dreadnought that the Zelus' made very very easy.

Overall suggestions: Remove Cherenkov and Nagaya2. If you wish to keep the ending the same, add a 2nd alien dreadnought, and cut the Zelus' gated in to 1. Afteral, you also get Hong, and his ship is pretty sturdy, and you have 3 Hestias to flank with too. If you want to use a Nagaya Ship still, remove the Dreadnought at the end and put him where Nagaya's second ship is now. Replace the ending with Nagaya's 3rd ship, and give 2 Zelus instead of 3. This should be a decent challenge though admittedly I haven't tried it. The beginning also feels like it drags on a bit too long, since it's one Hestia against pirates, and since it's in meteors, you're just watching ships hit rocks instead of explodey combat.

It's a good encounter. I enjoyed it, and with the changes, I think it could be even better.
warhammer651
Commander
Commander
Location: i'll giv you a hint. it's somewhere in the vicinity of the third planet from the sun

Post by warhammer651 »

updated it

download new version at
http://www.savefile.com/files/1388007

oh, and does anyone think it would be aegis overkill if i put nagaya3, and two alien dreadnoughts in the second mission i'm making?
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

As long as the player has the reasonable resources needed to handle the situation, I don't see why not.
warhammer651
Commander
Commander

Post by warhammer651 »

mission two done.

basic situation:
nice job on eliminating the enemy fleet! unfortunately, there isn't a chance in heck that they won't have noticed all those ships going missing. now, we have a decently sized fleet, plus nagaya, plus the nanz fleet commander coming to blow you to kingdom come.

download at:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1388560

again, tell me how to make it better.
warhammer651
Commander
Commander

Post by warhammer651 »