Metal Fox?!

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Anarki wrote:What happened to the YouTube video's?

I enjoyed watching those awesome boss fights; you should make moar! MOAR!
Ditto
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
Royace
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Metal Fox?!

Post by Royace »

Bluhman wrote:Yep. With the new Encounter maker, I've decided to begin to work on the Metal Fox project again. Same as last time, we have the small but powerful fighter, the Metal Fox, go against your ships, and I'd like y'all to design big bosses... But unlike last time, I'm not going to record videos showing how to fight 'em, oh no. I'm going to release an Encounter where you can use the Metal Fox yourself to fight all your bosses!

So basically, what you should do is make either...

1 boss-
The boss should be powerful, should probably not be able to kill a ship in 1 hit, and also should be good at showering the screen with bullets. It also should have vital weak points key to defeating the ship.

OR

1 boss and a weak fleet to prelude it-
If you really want to create a dramatic boss fight, you can also create a small, weak fleet to come before the big boss. The fleet should be fairly average, but shouldn't have any extremely hard ships or anything; you don't want to have the fleet harder than the boss itself, do you?

Both of these options for ships should preferably be custom-colored, as the Metal Fox itself, this time around, sports a slick White and Blue color scheme. Also, don't feel like you have to go too easy either, as the Metal Fox will have a new repair station spawn for it every two boss fights.

So, that's the guidelines. Post those bosses!!

STATS:

Code: Select all

Name: Metal Fox
HP: 225
Speed: 9
Turning: 5
AI Range: 100
Accel: 1
Description: A top-quality fighter, the Metal Fox is armed with two rapid-fire cannons and a powerful multi-shot far-ranged cannon. With excellent armor, the Metal Fox is a powerful weapon that even the strongest of battleships rue in combat.
Number of sections: 10
Total HP: 2108.02
Number of weapons: 3
Number of modules: 0

Weapon List: 
weapon|GatPulse|180|-1|1|3|-1|-1|-1|1|5|Fox Cannon|255|200|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|0.80|0.80
weapon|Blaster|180|5|2|15|25|-1|-1|25|5|Dragon Shot|-1|200|2|-1|-1|-1|-1|0.60|0.60
weapon|GatPulse|180|-1|1|3|-1|-1|-1|1|5|Fox Cannon|255|200|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|0.80|0.80

Module List: 

Is the Encounter done? I've got mah skykite and his raiders to kill your ship' MHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hege
Commander
Commander

Post by Hege »

So... is this thing still going or something? Just asking as this hasn't seem'd too active, and sorry if this count as a bump or something.

I'd just like to inform that I re-made the Damananth as the older one was ugly and deflector whore'd.

Damanath 2

It rely's more on its armor then the 4 reflectors.
Its also golden colored and bit better shaped.
The weapons are also edited more and it should generally be a challenge, you're gona need those repair stations.

It might however be over powered even though I have beaten it once.

Is it a better boss for Metal Fox now? =D
[/url]
delta1238
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by delta1238 »

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... wblade.shp

a traditional step-by-step boss. Figure out why it's invincible, figure out how to nullify it! But that's only half the challenge...

No pics though. Sorry. Tell me how to improve it.

BTW: first post!

EDIT: forgot to add custom colors. Will do at next version.
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

3 things.

1. You posted this in the wrong forum & thread. Post it in the forum called: Battleships Forever Custom Ships then custom ship gallery if you don't want to make a fleet. But if you make many ships so it would be a fleet, post a new thread BUT call it with some name like this: <name> Fleet
2. Have you modded some weapons?
3. The ship looks great.
delta1238
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by delta1238 »

Hiant wrote:3 things.

1. You posted this in the wrong forum & thread. Post it in the forum called: Battleships Forever Custom Ships then custom ship gallery if you don't want to make a fleet. But if you make many ships so it would be a fleet, post a new thread BUT call it with some name like this: <name> Fleet
3. The ship looks great.
Are you talking about my ship? (I guess you are, as you didn't quote anyone.)

1. Why is it in the wrong thread? I'm putting it here so that it can be added as a "boss" for the metal fox.

2. Yes, the two Gatling blasters are modded to act like lasers.

3. Thanks.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

3. The ship looks great.
I think you just owned yourself...
delta1238
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by delta1238 »

Anarki wrote:

3. The ship looks great.
I think you just owned yourself...
Did he post in the wrong thread/forum?
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

oops sorry for my blindness. >.< the 1st thing is an accident.
>.<