Metal Fox?!

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Metal Fox?!

Post by Bluhman »

Yep. With the new Encounter maker, I've decided to begin to work on the Metal Fox project again. Same as last time, we have the small but powerful fighter, the Metal Fox, go against your ships, and I'd like y'all to design big bosses... But unlike last time, I'm not going to record videos showing how to fight 'em, oh no. I'm going to release an Encounter where you can use the Metal Fox yourself to fight all your bosses!

So basically, what you should do is make either...

1 boss-
The boss should be powerful, should probably not be able to kill a ship in 1 hit, and also should be good at showering the screen with bullets. It also should have vital weak points key to defeating the ship.

OR

1 boss and a weak fleet to prelude it-
If you really want to create a dramatic boss fight, you can also create a small, weak fleet to come before the big boss. The fleet should be fairly average, but shouldn't have any extremely hard ships or anything; you don't want to have the fleet harder than the boss itself, do you?

Both of these options for ships should preferably be custom-colored, as the Metal Fox itself, this time around, sports a slick White and Blue color scheme. Also, don't feel like you have to go too easy either, as the Metal Fox will have a new repair station spawn for it every two boss fights.

So, that's the guidelines. Post those bosses!!

STATS:

Code: Select all

Name: Metal Fox
HP: 225
Speed: 9
Turning: 5
AI Range: 100
Accel: 1
Description: A top-quality fighter, the Metal Fox is armed with two rapid-fire cannons and a powerful multi-shot far-ranged cannon. With excellent armor, the Metal Fox is a powerful weapon that even the strongest of battleships rue in combat.
Number of sections: 10
Total HP: 2108.02
Number of weapons: 3
Number of modules: 0

Weapon List: 
weapon|GatPulse|180|-1|1|3|-1|-1|-1|1|5|Fox Cannon|255|200|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|0.80|0.80
weapon|Blaster|180|5|2|15|25|-1|-1|25|5|Dragon Shot|-1|200|2|-1|-1|-1|-1|0.60|0.60
weapon|GatPulse|180|-1|1|3|-1|-1|-1|1|5|Fox Cannon|255|200|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|0.80|0.80

Module List: 
Last edited by Bluhman on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's me. That guy.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

AWESOME!

Though I suggest making each boss its own encounter, and then possibly making "boss rush" encounters. That way people can play single levels or bossruns.
Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Post by Bluhman »

Guess that could work also. I could probably package them all together in a ZIP after I got a big enough group of them together.
It's me. That guy.
warhammer651
Commander
Commander
Location: i'll giv you a hint. it's somewhere in the vicinity of the third planet from the sun

Post by warhammer651 »

oh yeah... i remember those vids!
i have an old "sort of uber" ship lying around that i wuold post if i could figure out hwo to do that direct url download thin (click the link and BOOM!- you get the file)

anyone know how to do this?
Last edited by warhammer651 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
if everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.......idiot.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Sounds cool. I'll see if I can't find the time to make a boss. Also, the fox has some stretchy segments that are icky.
warhammer651
Commander
Commander
Location: i'll giv you a hint. it's somewhere in the vicinity of the third planet from the sun

Post by warhammer651 »

Sponge wrote:Sounds cool. I'll see if I can't find the time to make a boss. Also, the fox has some stretchy segments that are icky.
i see shrunk sections.........but not stretched ones :shock:
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Yeah I have a ton of ships laying around, most are made with tourney rules however from various ones. Would that be powerful enough, or should bosses be stronger then tourney ships?
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
warhammer651
Commander
Commander

Post by warhammer651 »

go to you tube and searc "battleships forever" watch the vids. and compare the ships in terms of mainly firepower and turning
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

I've watched them already, I'll take a closer look though it has been awhile.

*After watching them again* Ok yeah the bosses are about double maybe triple the strenth of a tourney ship, I'll make a few bosses for this project. Maybe go 200 or 300 points and use one of the tourney rules for a base to make the boss.

Should we use stock weapons, I know changing the firing arcs would be ok I'm sure. Just want to see if we should use stock weapons, or pump them up? Need to set a standard on how strong a boss should be, and whats allowed and not allowed. Could you elaborate more in your first post please, include the dos and do nots. Maybe use one of the tourney systems for making bosses and give us a set amount of points we can spend? Just want more of a refrence in general to what we should and should not do, so we don't waste our time on a boss and it ends up too weak, or too strong. Best make a system for everyone to use, and add rules to boss making. Really would hate to spend a hour or two on a boss idea to have it rejected.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Post by Bluhman »

No real guidelines. Some people made ships that had REALLY powerful weapons, but also had really thin arcs. At the same time, that probably wouldn't be a good idea for this, since everyone's going to be playing this.

The 1st Metal Fox Video was an example I made, and pretty much a somewhat small, but ideal vision of what a Metal Fox boss should be like: Fires lots of shots (That do stock damage), and has a vital weakpoint in the back, that is practically the ONLY way you can damage the ship.

That's about it. And remember, if you have ships that can be formed together as a small, weak fleet, remember they can be put up against the Metal Fox as well.
It's me. That guy.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

I know it's probably not ideal, but here's a concept... It looks like an ordinary Hecate... :twisted:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1387285

Disclaimer: This is actually a slightly improved version of the Hecate from the "Making the Official Ships" thread. That version of the ship had some of the weapons and dodads in the wrong places and some of the dodads weren't blinking in the same way that they do on the offical Hecate... so I changed some of them to try to make them as close to the real thing as possible...
Last edited by Captain Trek on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

I got one:

Grey Matter station.

Should be beatable by the Metal fox, rather simple enemy tbh.
Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Post by Bluhman »

Zancloufer wrote:I got one:

Grey Matter station.

Should be beatable by the Metal fox, rather simple enemy tbh.
It's pretty easy. The main problem with that one, though, is that it just doesn't do enough damage.

With that in mind, I think it would be best if I shared the stats of the metal fox. They'll be posted in my original post. They'll give you a better idea of how tough the MF is.
It's me. That guy.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

What about mine? :)
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

100 damage pulse guns? OMFG OP much :P