3rd Custom Ships Tournament: Fleets [Submission Closed]

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

DarkenShroud wrote:Oh and also, how far apart are you starting the fleets from each other. Becuase some ships are gonna have a very high AI range, and if you start the fleets to close to each other. You are giving those long range ships a big disadvantage?
If you had watched any of the other match vids, you would have seen that he starts them out in opposite corners, so everybody starts being outside of firing range and must close the distance to fire.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

If you had watched any of the other match vids, you would have seen that he starts them out in opposite corners, so everybody starts being outside of firing range and must close the distance to fire.
Ok I will take this comment in stride, because it did seem abit uncalled for Jafo. Fact of the matter is I watched all the frickin videos and couldn't tell myself. Seemed like some battles the fleets were closer then in others. So before you state something, maybe you should think about what you state and before you assume things. Sorry but this comment just erked me. Have more respect for others around here on the forums people, show alittle more common courtesy for others. I didn't ask you a question, nor did I ask for your input. I will return to the nice and funny DarkenShroud now, until the next time something like this happens. Good day, and again the questions and comments were directed at Cmd. Prompt. When others respond to something that was meant for another, things like this happen. Good tourney so far Prompt, and thanks for all your hard work and effort in the face of burns and ignorant/impatient folks like us :wink:

And I think it was because the videos were started at differnt points in the start of the first 5 - 10 seconds of the match. Or at differnt zoom in and out points. So it seems like there at differnt distances. No biggie though, I just like give opinon and respect your way for running a tourney in general. And taking your time out to do all this for us. Your the man, as always. :!:
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

DarkenShroud wrote:
Ok I will take this comment in stride, because it did seem abit uncalled for Jafo. Fact of the matter is I watched all the frickin videos and couldn't tell myself. Seemed like some battles the fleets were closer then in others. So before you state something, maybe you should think about what you state and before you assume things. Sorry but this comment just erked me. Have more respect for others around here on the forums people, show alittle more common courtesy for others. I didn't ask you a question, nor did I ask for your input. I will return to the nice and funny DarkenShroud now, until the next time something like this happens. Good day, and again the questions and comments were directed at Cmd. Prompt. When others respond to something that was meant for another, things like this happen.
You know, it actually seemed very obvious to me. He was answering your question for you, so don't throw a hissy fit simply because you're too dumb to work it out for yourself.

Next time don't be a dick to someone who's helping you.
[/post]
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

:V

They're started out pretty far from each other, you should be able to get a feel for the distance based on the size of your fleet.

I'll upload a video of the draws later to show why they were draws.

DarkenShroud, your two back ships were too slow to catch up to Kenshin's ships. Meanwhile, your front ship lead them around in a circle and was able to use its Flak and other defense to keep Kenshin's ship from getting hurt, but did not actually do any damage to them.

Also, you probably misinterpreted Jafo's comment as being condescending when it really wasn't.

The different zoom points are because zooming all the way out means the ships are too far apart, so I try and zoom to about the same place each time. The ships are still far enough apart that lancets won't fire before ships start moving, which was what I was aiming for.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

That figured... I should have made Nimbus 3 Faster... Oh well.

Don't MC and I get a summary of how well our ships did? Though I can guess it preobably just ended up in Endless waltz with Lancets destroying modules.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

K sorry if I didn't see things correctly. But I was just erked that he assumed that I didn't watch the videos before commenting. Should have lowered the AI range alittle closer with the other my two vessels. But its cool, I'm just happy to know the results and what happened. Thanks again.

Next time don't be a dick to someone who's helping you.

I thought that swearing wasn't allowed around the forums. How come everyone just ignores the forum rules and conduct around here. I have a very foul mouth, yet I can control it lol. If someone offers help, it shouldn't include things like........if you had watched the videos you would know better........thats not help...thats a negative statement no matter if it was meant to be or not. I'm saying be more thoughtful and creative people when helping or giving input. And try not to assume things. Thanks again, tourney looks great.

Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

@DarkenShroud OK, bad phrasing making it look like I assumed that you had not watched the other vids, because it did seem obvious (to me anyways), that the ships started outside of immediate firing range. Didn't mean it as an insult or to ruffle your feathers (text messages are so easy to misunderstand the way the message was meant to be conveyed :( ).

I guess better would have been to start "If you watch any of the other..."

However, I do think you did overreact a bit to the perceived insult.

@Daxx While I appreciate your support, it could have been better phrased, no need to escalate a possible conflict.

@CmdPrompt Thanks for the supporting comment, I think you probably have seen the general trend of my comments and know that I don't go about insulting other people or starting conflicts. :)

- - - - (edit) - - - -
arg, your post just above this wasn't there when I started typing this.... this is not in response to your above post...
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

All good I don't care. I have no problems. Just want folks to treat each other better around here, sorry for being so blunt.

Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

DarkenShroud wrote:All good I don't care. I have no problems. Just want folks to treat each other better around here, sorry for being so blunt.
No problem, better to get it out of your system and get it worked out rather than stewing about it. Cheers! :D
Namigob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Namigob »

Well that was an exciting round of battles. I didn't expect the videos.
Thanks Cmdprompt.

I was nervous about the first battle, I'm even more nervous about the upcoming one. I think it might be a long and bloody fight. I just hope it doesn't end in a draw. Give me the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat I say!
Stupid people don't learn from their mistakes. Smart people do learn from thier mistakes.
The smartest people of all learn from the mistakes of others.
Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

Woot! :D Those matches were great!
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mr_Arch_Wizard/transpdiscovery.gif[/img]
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

Mr_Wizard wrote:Woot! :D Those matches were great!
Yeah, I really like how the ships are pretty diverse. Something needs to be done about beam weapons, but overall its a really nice mix of ships.

Even if my fleet is pretty terrible. :D

Draw videos here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udA_g-_KSKw

I just realized that Fraps had sound recording turned off. Sorry about that, I wasn't sure what was going on. Its fixed now.
Last edited by CmdPrompt on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

I don't think the problem is with beamers, its that the defenses against everything else is so cheap. Just because the point defense use smaller sprites doesn't mean they are less important. :D

A Nano is usually the best defense against Beam weapons, as they have lower damage per second. (And you can fully heal from a beamer attack if you get your deflectors up in time). I figured I needed at least 8 beamers against a ship with a nano to dependably destroy it when I was doing 1v1 testings (less than that and it can make a comeback. :P).

My favorite so far was TBE's and EndlessInfinity's fight. It was just so savage. :D
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mr_Arch_Wizard/transpdiscovery.gif[/img]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Mr_Wizard wrote:My favorite so far was TBE's and EndlessInfinity's fight. It was just so savage. :D
It was wasn't it. :D I'm Just happy I managed to blew up something.

The Major Problem is my fleet is made for 3 on 1 battles, Which is major fail on my part since it is a FLEET tournement after all. :P
Namigob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Namigob »

Mr_Wizard wrote: My favorite so far was TBE's and EndlessInfinity's fight. It was just so savage. :D
I agree. The first round was not really spectacular but the comeback in the second round was exciting. You couldn't have scripted it any better. The last round was back and forth all the way to the end. I may have to watch that one again.
Stupid people don't learn from their mistakes. Smart people do learn from thier mistakes.
The smartest people of all learn from the mistakes of others.