3rd Custom Ships Tournament: Fleets [Submission Closed]

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

CmdPrompt wrote:Being stupid as hell :lol:
I was making dinner and had a couple burners going on the stove at that time. I needed another one, but I had left a pan on there to dry from last night. That burner wasn't going at that time so I just grabbed the pan (which had just steel as a handle rather than any sort of protection) without a hot pad. Turns out metal that is next to a bunch of other hot metal doesn't stay at room temperature and I burned my right hand.
About 10 minutes before that I had also managed to have flames leaping out of another pan to my ceiling due to more not thinking.

I'm good at cooking!
...I grabbed of piece of lead about a minute after it was cast. :D
Don’t worry it has airbags.
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

Kenshin, you covered sections completely. Since you kind of broke that rule, I'm not going to adjust your speed. Technically I should disqualify you, but I think you could have built your ship such that it had about the same set-up without violating that rule, so I'm just going to allow it for now.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Well... modifying a ship after you know the enemy's speed is kinda cheating... :lol: j/k.

On a partially related note... I just tested a speed 6.2 Samurai X against my speed 5 ships. The bottleneck with Kenshin's ships is the fact that the pulse gun's bullets are slower than really fast ships. :lol:

You should have gone with M-beams.

IMHO, I don't care that much about Kenshin's ignoring of the overlap rule. Its fine and I managed to build a fairly legal(within reasonable interpretation of the rules) that did the same thing and had pretty much the same stats. Kenshin would have probably build an equally evil version of his ship with the rules. He's a pretty good builder so I won't put something like that behind him.

On with the show, please post the results of round one! PLEEEAAZZZE.
Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

Actually, he would have been better off with one of his ships having Scatterbeams, since he gets so close to the ships he is attacking, their wide deviation isnt so much of a disadvantage, they also do 5 more damage per second on average than Gatpulses, its just they do less damage per frame (have no chance of destroying a deflectored section) and are slightly less accurate (which wouldn't matter because of his distance).

Against big and heavily defended ships, the gat pulses are better, as they can destroy a deflectored section either on the first shot if it doesn't have enough HP's or eventually when the deflectors fail. Therefore, mixing the two so his fleet can better deal with faster frigates (thanks to scatter beams) and high hitpoint battleships (thanks to gatpulses) might have made his fleet even better. :D Although either way he would still have a tough time to beat those ships built specifically for speed (as would anybody).
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mr_Arch_Wizard/transpdiscovery.gif[/img]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Technically it's not the over-lapping rule that I broke (no more than 25% of any section is overlapped (the rule doesn't mean that a section can't lie completely on top of another one)). It's the logical building "flaw", for lack of a better word, that in my interpretation of the rules is completely legal. However, I can see how it would be illegal in the view of others.

I already lost the tournament though: I never thought that people were actually going to build ships faster than 4 speed.

"Legally Revised" Version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1xtuy8wmj1d

Have fun =P.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Don't cry so quickly. The first couple rounds are a swiss tournement an then people are paired by their win/loss records for a knockout tournement. It could be that someone else could kill the ships you can't kill and your ship kills theirs.
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

Technically it's not the over-lapping rule that I broke (no more than 25% of any section is overlapped (the rule doesn't mean that a section can't lie completely on top of another one)).
:?
Rather than deciding what the rule means for yourself, next time PM me. I disagree with your assessment.

Anyway, match reports. I can't post the links yet because YouTube is blocked at work.
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8DAdRk2nEg

1. Daxx - Expeditionary Force Delta

vs.

2. Mjolnir - Affront

Winner: Daxx
Last edited by CmdPrompt on Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

Video Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL_3IiL8LGo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJZMi6FlOcY

5. The Blue Echo - Delusions of Grandeur

vs.

6. EndlessInfinity - Raubtiere

Winner: EndlessInfinity
Last edited by CmdPrompt on Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRkb53JV5F8

9. Danou - Beam Team

vs.

10. Namigob - Rozamicon

Winner: Namigob
Last edited by CmdPrompt on Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTfPnDpVXVI

11. CmdPrompt - Reassail

vs.

12. Mr. Wizard - Fleet Kallistrate

Winner: Mr. Wizard
Last edited by CmdPrompt on Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

No video for the following.

3. DarkenShroud - Sweet Dreams

vs.

4. Himura.Kenshin - Fear

and

7. Master Chief - Sublimination

8. ASM - Tropical Depression

Winner: DRAW
Neither fleet was able to destroy the other fleet.
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

Standings after round 1:
Daxx 1-0-0
Mr. Wizard 1-0-0
Namigob 1-0-0
EndlessInfinity 1-0-0
DarkenShroud 0-0-1
Himura.Kenshin 0-0-1
Master Chief 0-0-1
ASM 0-0-1
CmdPrompt 0-1-0
Danou 0-1-0
The Blue Echo 0-1-0
Mjolnir 0-1-0

Round 2 Match-ups:
Daxx vs. Endless Infinity
Mjolnir vs. The Blue Echo
Namigob vs. Mr. Wizard
Danou vs. CmdPrompt
DarkenShroud vs. Master Chief
ASM vs. Himura.Kenshin
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Haha, oh wow. Mjolnir, did you even give your ships shields? That had to be the shortest fight I've ever seen.

*compulsively watches all the other vids over and over to figure out who can beat whom*
[/post]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Weird so mine ended up in a draw huh. And no video to boot bummer. With my fleet set up, my decoy should have been able to strip his entire fleet. Bummer! And quick question, was my fleet set pic up ok since I can't see how the battle went down? Hopefully I can see a vid next time of my fleet in action. I was looking forward to seeing Kenshin squirm when he realized how my strategy works. Well a draw is better then a loss I suppose :D Thanks Cmd. Prompt. So even if it was a draw who had more left over when all was said and done? I'm pretty sure kenshin's ships wouldn't even have been able to get to my decoy at all :wink: Darn lol I so wanted to see a vid of my fleet :evil: :D

Oh and also, how far apart are you starting the fleets from each other. Becuase some ships are gonna have a very high AI range, and if you start the fleets to close to each other. You are giving those long range ships a big disadvantage?
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure