AtM 2 - Team DELTA: IMPORTANT NEW STUFF

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

added 2 weasels, now combat ready. this thing laughs at alien dreads, thanks to it's 4 tachyons, 4 weasels,
and new stolen mega tachyon cannon, this thing eats weapons for breakfast, aegis deflectors for lunch, and cores for dinner.

link to zip file with shp,sb3 and notepad file with point layout.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... AM_mk2.zip
hope this is more useful for the fleet
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Final (hopefully) version of the Vordonghe. All standard beamers, and deflector setup works perfect most of the time. I've sacrificed two abaltive front sections for a hp increase in the single front section. Anyone object to this?

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... nghe_4.sb3
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... nghe_4.shp

Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

:!: FLANKERS :!:

We need to try an experiment to see if we can eek out just a bit more power. Strideo, can you try loading it with Mining Beams? Its alright if you have to put them on the ablative sections too, just make sure to spend every point. The scatterbeams don't seem to make a dent. Hopefully the greater accuracy of Mining beams will give them the edge over the Scatterbeams. :?

In all my tests we keep getting clobbered. For one thing, the flankers don't have enough strength to dig into the vulnerable sides. Partly because I think we may have gone slightly too Battleship happy, and partly because the scatter beams did very little. There was a time in the last test that was perfect, the Gawain fired all ten beamers into a hinge that would blow off the entire wing. Two Flakbaits were there also, and they were firing their scatterbeams. Despite the Deflector being off the entire time, 10 beamers and 16 Scatterbeams were unable to cause enough damage to blow off a wing (essentially the single section of the wing). So maybe 16 mining beams or 4 megabeams? (I am thinking Mining Beams.)

Sorry Lloyd, one last teeny itty bitty change will help the V-class. Replace the 4 Tach Cannons, 4 weasels, and 2 boosters with 7 MegaBeams. The Megatach provides all the Tachon fire we will need to finish off the Mothership, The Megabeams will ensure your presence is felt throughout the entire fight. Besides, doesn't it sound great? "7 Mega Beams and 1 Mega Tachyon Cannon." Its Mega to the 8th Power! You also get 2 points left over too after that conversion.

The Squair Fonte is doing very well, despite what might be considered weaker armaments. I think it will do fine against the real Mothership.

The refitted Vordonghe is contributing more consistently and teams up with Daxx' ship very well. :D

We hurt it worse, at the very least. Despite a wierd AI glitch thats causing the mothership to target the flankers rather than the battleships, at teh beginning of the fight. This was great, until I realized we didnt have all that great firepower coming from the Battleships to at least soften up the rear for when it gets exposed to the flankers again. Which is why I suggested the Mega-fication of the V-Class, Megabeamers do very well to soften up large targets. I am also hesitant to call for a total refit towards beams. Its true the test mothership I made is very PD heavy, only because I wanted it to follow in the tradition of the last one, a PD heavy ship thats a tough nut to crack, hopefully tougher than the real mothership. We don't really know how the defense of the real ship is. It could just as easily only have 1 particle gun, but 15 deflectors. At which point the high damage output of projectiles is what we will really need. Which is why I didnt suggest the Squair Fonte change to beams and suggest keeping the Megatach. We'll need Projectile insurance. :D
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mr_Arch_Wizard/transpdiscovery.gif[/img]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Just thought of something. To put Daxx's nano to best effect, shouldn't mine and his ship have the same propulsion and AI range stats, so my ship should rotate with Daxx's together, and I would benefit from the Nano as well. Same goes with the Gawain.

On a note, I'm a little confused. What are the flakers, and what are the 'non-flankers'?
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Exethalion wrote:Just thought of something. To put Daxx's nano to best effect, shouldn't mine and his ship have the same propulsion and AI range stats, so my ship should rotate with Daxx's together, and I would benefit from the Nano as well. Same goes with the Gawain.

On a note, I'm a little confused. What are the flakers, and what are the 'non-flankers'?
This sounds like an excellent idea. Matching the AI range should be the least thing, though you might want to add 10-20 to make sure I'm targeted first (I'm not sure about the respective size of our threat circles). As for the other stats - how far apart are we at the moment and how much do we need to change?

(Apologies that I can't check myself, I'm not on my computer.)
[/post]
Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

The Vordonghe:
1.5 Speed
1.28 turning
.05 accel
The Dominus Astrorum
1.0 speed
0.64 turning
.03 accel

The Dominus has the Larger threat Circle.

I don't think its neccessary, Your ships tend to stick near each other any way, its just the Vord moves about more often.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mr_Arch_Wizard/transpdiscovery.gif[/img]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

EDIT: Whoops, took too long there.

If I match my speed and accel with yours, I'll have enough for another deflector and beamer. 8)

I'm not great with AI range, what is best?
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

How about this? Dropped speed by 0.5 = 5 points, dropped accel by 0.02 = 2 points, used 1 beamer + 4 minings = 3+4=7 8)

Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Tri-post: Against original mothership 8 mining laser equipped vordonghes won with 6 ships remaining.

I think the extra firepower of the beamer and accuracy & general deflector avoiding of the ming beams is worth the drop in speed and accel, and it also brings the V in line with Daxx's ship. Now just to sort out AI ranges.
Strideo
Captain
Captain

Post by Strideo »

Mr_Wizard wrote:Strideo, can you try loading it with Mining Beams? Its alright if you have to put them on the ablative sections too, just make sure to spend every point. The scatterbeams don't seem to make a dent. Hopefully the greater accuracy of Mining beams will give them the edge over the Scatterbeams. :?
Here ya go! Mining Beamed!

CURRENT DOWNLOAD:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... k_Bait.shp

SB3
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... k_Bait.sb3

Code: Select all

Name: Flak Bait
HP: 300
Speed: 3.20
Turning: 2
AI Range: 300
Accel: 0.10
Description:  
Number of sections: 12
Total HP: 3000
Number of weapons: 20
Number of modules: 4

Weapon List: 
weapon|ParticleGun|180|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1||-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|1|1
weapon|ParticleGun|180|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1||-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|1|1
weapon|MiningBeam|45|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1||-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|1|1

Module List: 
module|Deflector|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1||8192000|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1
module|Deflector|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1||8192000|-1|0|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1681][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Strideo/BF/AthacianShipyards3.jpg[/img]
Clicky to see my fleets! :D[/url]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Daxx wrote:
Exethalion wrote:Just thought of something. To put Daxx's nano to best effect, shouldn't mine and his ship have the same propulsion and AI range stats, so my ship should rotate with Daxx's together, and I would benefit from the Nano as well. Same goes with the Gawain.

This sounds like an excellent idea. Matching the AI range should be the least thing, though you might want to add 10-20 to make sure I'm targeted first (I'm not sure about the respective size of our threat circles). As for the other stats - how far apart are we at the moment and how much do we need to change?

(Apologies that I can't check myself, I'm not on my computer.)
One problem, friendly deflectors block lancets. If you have a nano ball, don't put lancets on them.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Shouldn't be a problem, I don't think either of our ships use them.

This is looking really organised! The last thing to do is adjust AI ranges. The Dominus stands at 500 which is inside the range for beams (though not sure about Mining Beams, which could be interesting). I'm happy to move forward but the same distance, given the larger threat circle, should be fine I'd imagine.

How are the other ships standing up? The Flak Bait (keep the name for irony's sake!) is looking really sweet. I can imagine that thing ripping off sections like nobody's business.
[/post]
Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

The latest incarnation of the Flak Bait is fantastic! It has all the punch through power we need! Even when the ship standing in for the Stormwall was destroyed, just 1 flak bait and 1 Gawain were eating through pieces very well. We still lost, but I think now its just a matter of figuring out starting placement, to better ensure that the Mothership will target our Battleships first, and not our poor little flankers. That is solvable with Fleet formations. I am thinking we should be in a delta formation. 8)

EDIT: Like so:
The big ship you see up top is the Moth from last years tourney, I was testing with it in place of the Howitzer. And the Top Flakbait stood in for the Stormwall. In this formation, we win in minutes against my test mothership. :D
Strideo
Captain
Captain

Post by Strideo »

Awesome! I'm glad it's coming together. Thanks for helping us work out the kinks Mr_Wizard! :D

I guess when all those mining beams converge they can fry things to a crisp! :twisted:
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1681][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Strideo/BF/AthacianShipyards3.jpg[/img]
Clicky to see my fleets! :D[/url]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

What do you think about my mining beam vordonghe? Should I sacrifice that bit of speed and acceleration for the 4 extra ming beams and one beamer?

@ Daxx

I think we should set both our ranges to around 300. That's inside both mining beam and standard beam range. And if I keep the vordonghe at the new reduced speed and accel, our ships should be like siamese twins.