AtM 2 - Team DELTA: IMPORTANT NEW STUFF

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AllStarZ
Captain
Captain

Post by AllStarZ »

Too slow and wastes too many section points. Plus its effectively unarmed. I'd prefer it if you made it into a PD ship instead, and gave it two beamers or equivalent.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Damn you people have been busy! I've got a ton of things going on but I'll rtry to keep up. I'm working on slimming the Vordonghe down a bit (Fat bastard been eating too many powerups! :wink: ) since the ablative sections seem to go down all at the same time.

Other than that, the designs all look good, do we have some sort of flanker and a support ship coming on?

Keep it up Delta!
AllStarZ
Captain
Captain

Post by AllStarZ »

Exethalion wrote: Other than that, the designs all look good, do we have some sort of flanker and a support ship coming on?

Keep it up Delta!
What? Do I have to change my ship again?
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

hello everyone. almost done with this design. just deciding what weapons/modules to add to finish it off. have 13 points left. wondering what i should put on to help the team out. options include mega techyon and 2 tachyon cannons, a mixture of blasters and pulses, and just about anything else you can think of.(note the piece just behind the lancers could hold a booster)

stats so far
core no hp
Speed 0.5=5 points
Accelection 0.05=5 points
Turning 0.8=10 points
20 points
sections 20=10 points
section hp raise 13 points
23 Points
Total hull cost 43 points
2 point beams=4 points
4 falk cannons=8 points
2 deflectors=8 points
defence total 20
2 lancers=12 points
2 tachyon cannons=4 points
2 railguns=8 points
-------
13 points
weapon total 37

note That i am still clueless about a name for this thing.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

AllStarZ wrote: What? Do I have to change my ship again?
Not at all. Have we heard from Natch yet? We'll wait until designs are finalised until we start assigning specific roles and tweaking.

zancloufer's ship could serve as a support if it had a nano, but it would need a lot of sections and demeters lost.
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

Looking at potential designs I could use. I've actually ran tests and tweaked them, but I wish to be a but more sure before posting them.

Should be up later today.
AWARDS:
[i]Most Innovative Shipmaker[/i]
[i]Shipmaker With Most Utility/Balance[/i]
[i]Most Annoying Member[/i]
Strideo
Captain
Captain

Post by Strideo »

Okay, I'm taking the Shield of Pacifica off the table. The way I see it the only thing that ship will do is either lumber around the board with little useful effect or it'll get in the mother ship's way and last for about 30 seconds before it explodes in a ball of fire. :P

I came up with this PD/Support battleship instead and it seems much more viable.

Asclepius
http://www.mediafire.com/?e9axzm7j2y3

So now my current offerings to the team are:
Rebellion's Blade - a midrange brawler with good defensive capabilities and a steady rate of fire.
Flak Bait - a flanking frigate with gatling pulses.
Asclepius - a PD and support ship.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1681][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Strideo/BF/AthacianShipyards3.jpg[/img]
Clicky to see my fleets! :D[/url]
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

Have now finished my entry. I have also come up with a name
The V-class Battleship AM (AM stands for anti-module) fell free to comment on anything about this ship, or it's name.

Stats
core no hp
Speed 0.5=5 points
Accelection 0.05=5 points
Turning 0.8=10 points
20 points
sections 18=9 points
section hp raise 13 points
22 Points
Total hull cost 42 points
2 point beams=4 points
4 falk cannons=8 points
2 deflectors=8 points
defence total 20 62+29=91
2 lancers=12 points
2 railguns=8 points
4 tachyon cannons=8 points
weapon total 28 points
2 boosters=10 points
42+20+28+10=100

Tactical report
A new design added to the shipyards at omega, This varation on the V-class uses stolen alien tachyon cannons, combined with lancers, to damage high prioery modules on larger ships, with the most common ones being aegis deflectors and mega techyons, to weaken enemy ships, allowing the bombarders to take out the hull that the V-AM leaves behind.
will put up on database when it is running again.
edit: this thing beats a nagaya2 with almost no damage, and his first section went down when about 70% of his weapons/modules are down.
sadly does not have enough of anything to stop a nagaya3, and i learned that thsi thing is useless against tachyons itself. so i hope the mothership does not fire a full round of it's mega techyon at me.
Last edited by Lloyd16 on Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Booster doesn't help lancet beams.

Just a tip.
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

lancets and railguns were meant to be other way round :oops:
fixed it now.
edit: am now making a fleet that sticks to the rules of this tournement. if you want to view what i have madeso far, click here http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1628
AllStarZ
Captain
Captain

Post by AllStarZ »

Your picture's out of date, I'm going to give you the newest one.

Here you go.

Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

could everyone say what they ship is suppose to do, so we know who is going what, and who we want to do they jobs very well.e.g. my ship is aiming for the aegis deflectors and dieterling device(hope i spelled it right), so i want something in our team that will keep the mothership from aiming the deflectors at my ship long enough to do my job(without him jumping away)
AllStarZ
Captain
Captain

Post by AllStarZ »

Precision attack, secondary beam absorber role. I'm going to need something to cover me on repeater tachyons though.
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

Mine's a Demeter Whore :P

Anyone see any problems with it?
Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

Hey Lloyd, why don't you name it the Agrona, which is an Old Celtic word for "battle, slaughter". It was the name of the Brythonic goddess of war and death. :D

The PD heavy warships are great and all, but I see firepower being a problem for our fleet. Remeber that the last mothership had 2000 hitpoints, and its sections had very high hit point values. If we don't bring enough firepower to bear on it, if it has enough hitpoints then some sections could actually heal faster than we are capable of damaging it. (All sections have a natural repair speed, even without a nano.) Keep in mind that your ship doesn't need to maintain its shape throughout the fight, but should at least be contributing enough firepower over a long enough period of time to destroy a few sections on its own. That way we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket with a handfull of warship that can reliably destroy sections. Once that ship is gone, we would have essentially already lost.

That said, you want enough PD to take the bite out of attacks, not try to completely shut down all the firepower coming at you, because you will eventually fail. A strong defender is just a person who is losing slower. :D Try to find a balance, trade some point defense for weaponry.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mr_Arch_Wizard/transpdiscovery.gif[/img]