Assault the Mothership 2 - Team Alpha

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Assault the Mothership 2 - Team Alpha

Post by antisocialmunky »

I'm going to list ships here too.

Members:

Antisocialmunky -Cuddlefish
http://files.filefront.com/CuddleFishsb ... leinfo.htm

Colonel_Sanders - Turtle 2
http://www.mediafire.com/?0oweszdzmjq

Droid - Witch Maw-Midget
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... Midget.sb3

Tsakara - Sogeki 4B
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... SHMK4B.rar

QwiceNitely - Jormungand 1.5
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... evised.shp

Jafo - Citrus Peeler PB2x
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... er_PB2x_-_

Master Chief - Aphelion MK VI
http://www.mediafire.com/?xnw4twljjmo

Commodore111 - Marble Of DOOM
http://files.filefront.com/Marble+Of+DO ... einfo.html

--------------------------------------

Post your ships and ideas here. We really should use this thread as our primary place to post ships. This thread should primarily be about critiquing our ships(suggesting improvements) and discussing how to defeat the mothership. Please post score sheets with your ships so we can really optimize them.

If we fail, humanity is DOOMED. :cry:

Here is our enemy:

Does anyone know if we have to fight all those things or just the mother ship?

And what weapons can everyone pick out?

[edit]

M123 has received an intellegence packet from high command that contains enhanced imagery of the mothership.

Last edited by antisocialmunky on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

WOO! TEAM ALPHA ROCKS!! WE KICK EVERYONE'S BUTT! YEAH!!!

anyway...

link to my ship as it is now, any suggestions are welcomed:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1571
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

LOL, that's not bad. That's my favorite section BTW. :lol:

The shield is nice but I don't think it needs to be that big, especially if you're going to Be fighting only one enemy. Looking forward for the rework.

I'm personally going for an mid range uber-beam ship.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Re: Assault the Mothership 2 - Team Alpha

Post by Jafo »

antisocialmunky wrote:Does anyone know if we have to fight all those things or just the mother ship?

And what weapons can everyone pick out
We just have to fight the one mothership fortunately. If you see team Beta's thread, they have decided that the two arms are not part of the mothership which I think is wrong (note the Aegis shielding).

It is going to be tough to pick out items as some are on top of the scaffolding and don't belong to the ship, and other parts of the ship are covered/concealed by scaffolding. The original Mothership2 thread has a post where somebody counted the visible weapons, which I have not gone over myself to see if they look (from a best guess effort) to be on the ship or on the scaffolding.

(((edit))) Found the post...
Captain Trek wrote:I count the following modules on the combined mothership and scaffolding:

1 mega tachyon (I know it's not really a device, but still)
1 Dieterling device
2 gosling launchers
2 Rorschach Resistors
9 nano matrices
2 ageis deflectors

Unfortuneately, the picture's too garbled for me to make out if there are any regular deflectors, and I can't seem to find where the two ageis deflectors are loacted either, though my best guest is just ahead and to either side of the Dieterling device.

Some of the sectons look like they're redder than the other sections, so there may be boosters I'm missing as well.

I was able to make out the following weapons:

At least 6 tachyon cannons
At least 4 gattling blasters
At least 8 demeter launchers
At least 4 shock beamers
At least 10 railguns (6 foward mounted, 2 side mounted)
At least 2 weasel guns
At least 2 missile launchers

There are also some small weapons on the nose of the ship (in front of the gattling blasters beside the ageised sections), but I can't quite make out exactly what they are... I think they're either repeaters or scatter beams though...

There are definately a whole lot more weapons, particularly along the length of both the main ship and scaffolding, but I just can't make them out...
Colonel_Sanders
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Colonel_Sanders »

So, should we get organized on what we plan to build?

I'm gonna use a "support" type ship. Low on shields, but with demeters, gravity deployer-thingies, platform deployers, etc. Would it be a good idea to add plenty of flak? My ship could be used as sort of an "anti-projectile" type thing. Thoughts?

EDIT: when he says, "Base HP," does that mean adding to the ship's HP? I don't really understand, as I'm a bit of a noob.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

Code: Select all

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attribute--|--Battleship---|----Cruiser----|----Frigate----
Core HP    | 1 point/50    |  1 points/25  | 1 point/10
Base HP    |      500      |      400      |    300
Max Speed  | 1 points/0.10 | 1 points/0.15 | 1 points/0.20
Accelerate | 1 points/0.01 | 1 points/0.02 | 1 points/0.05
Turning    | 1 points/0.08 | 1 points/0.14 | 1 points/0.20
Sections  | 1 points/2    | 1 points/1    | 2 points/1
Sec.HP Base|      200      |      150      |      100
Sec.HP Add | 1 points/250  | 1 points/200  | 1 point/150

Lets just deal with one ship type as the others follow the same basic rules, just with different values :

Battleship - set your core to 500HP [Base HP line]
Each section you add has to be set to 200 HP. [Sec. HP Base line] - You must override the default setting.

If you want to add 50HP to your core it is going to cost you 1 of your 100 build points. [Core HP line]
If you want to add 250HP to one section, that increase will cost you 1 of your 100 build points. [Sec. HP Add line]
- That does not mean you can add the HP to every section in your ship with 1 build point, you have to purchase the upgrade for each section (6 sections and you want to upgrade the HP for each = 6 build points & add 250HP to each section)

For 1 build point you get to add 2 sections to your ship. [Sections line]

Hope this helps.
Colonel_Sanders
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Ah, I was doing it right. Thanks for the clear-up.

BTW, here's my ship, the turtle.
Screenshot:

I would upload it, but for some reason the database isn't working right now.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

I would try to limit the number of structurally important sections. The more stuff parented to the core, the better.

My ship will likely be a small ship designed to flank the mothership (and thereby make it turn around).
If I can get aegis approved on my design (still WIP), I will use it. If I can't then I'll have to settle with regular deflectors.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Message to everyone on TEAM ALPHA:

Dear members,

Our homeworld Earth is threatened by a single threat that plans to swat apart humanity like a rogue fly. Our species will be extinct if we do not act at this time. So we shall strike, deep into the heart of the Alien fleet, annihilate their Mothership, and leave them in disarray and chaos. FLEETCOM has ordered the creation of 4 groups of 8 Arcadia-class starships, which will be sent after the ultimate menace of humanity in our last and most desperate gambit in this war.

So, comrade, the responsibility of ensuring the survival of the human race falls squarely upon our shoulders. Thus, I call out to all of you, wherever you are in Human Space, that you create and design a ship capable of supporting each other in such times of crisis. Team Alpha should prevail, no matter how much the cost.

I also need to go through the team members for Team Beta:

Captain Trek
Anarki
DarkenShroud
M123
Kalanosis
ChaosTheory
Comus
Himura.Kenshin

I am positively quite alarmed at the sight of this team. It is rather obvious that Team Beta is an EXTREMELY strong team, which is more than capable of coordinating a successful strike against the Mothership.

So, I request that all team members be careful and precise with their ships when designing them, and attempt to design them to the best of your abilities. Although Team Alpha might not have the best group of designers around here on the BSF forums, it has the privilege of attempting to destroy humanity's greatest threat with nothing but 8 starships waiting to dine in hell.

Comrade! All of the members on Team Alpha need to protect humanity at all costs! Give them nothing, but take from them...EVERYTHING!

Yours sincerely,
Master Chief
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I'm creating a mega beamer + booster ship. The frigate version I made can't seems to survive the demeter drones. Does anyone have any ideas?

The idea does work though. It basically results in a giant continuous beam of death.

Also @ Sanders. 2 Components per section. If you want a defensive ship, you might want to just go for a pure PD ship.

http://files.filefront.com/Team+Orbitzi ... einfo.html

Low Orbit C is one of my early versions.
Last edited by antisocialmunky on Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

antisocialmunky wrote:I'm creating a mega beamer + booster ship. The frigate version I made can't seems to survive the demeter drones. Does anyone have any ideas?

The idea does work though. It basically results in a giant continuous beam of death.
Hmm. Might JUST work. Although you will need Demeter protection by using particle guns...flak guns and point beams aren't very effective (one completely doesn't hit the drones at all and another is WAY too slow).

The megabeamer idea is quite workable with the boosters, though. :D

Humanity must prevail! (I'm going to add this to the ends of all future posts regarding the Mothership tournament.)
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Yeah, I think I'm just to ditch the frigate idea. Anything with less than 600 range is in what I like to call, in 'the death zone.' A Beamer frigate would work, but I'm getting tired of designing only frigates.

[EDIT]

Well here's Solstice:

http://files.filefront.com/SolsticeHshp ... einfo.html

Code: Select all

Structure:

Sections: 12 *.5 = 6
Armor: 4
Aegis: 2 * 8 = 18
Nano: 15

Total: 43

Movment:
Speed 10
Turning: 6
Acc: 3

Total: 19

Weapons:
Mega Beamer: 4 * 4 = 16
Booster: 2 * 5 = 10
Point Beam: 4 * 2 = 8
Particle Gun: 2 * 2 = 4

Total: 38

Grand Total: 100
Colonel_Sanders
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

It says "weapons/modules." On the rules page, leading me to believe that you can have a max of 2 weapons and 2 modules per section. I think? If not, I might have to revise the design a bit.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Psst...don't use Filefront, use MediaFire! It's MUCH better!
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Master Chief wrote:
Psst...don't use Filefront, use MediaFire! It's MUCH better!
Don't critique my hosting, critique the ship. BTW, there's a misparenting. The rear triangular section is parented to the forward parenting section and causes the whole thing to explode. lol.